• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm considering running without the front bumper, figured I'd get some opinions

IMG_20150225_110046144_HDR_zpsgqtwoasv.j

The bumper sits a bit off, I think it'll be less noticeable that the front drivers side has a sight crunch to it under the panels

IMG_20150305_141415887_HDR_zpsanb78suk.j

I'm also looking into a roll pan, but might just go without. Is it legal to not have reverse lights?

• Like 1

No bumper looks kinda mean. I like it.

That's where I'm at, I would put some sort of mesh in the two bigger holes though. I think that'd look pretty cool and different than the good 'ol chrome bumper.

• Like 1

How often do the police check something like that? :rofl:

Out of the 30+ Datsuns I've used for a daily, maybe 3 had working reverse lights. Never had an issue.

The reverse lights are either on the bumper or roll pan of these trucks, if I remove the bumper and have no roll pan I'll have no reverse lights, they already don't work just curious if they have to be present on the vehicle.

• Like 1

I think lockleaf was referring to my project. 20151010_161631_zpsgpsqqyl1.jpg

Your truck came to mind when I was posting, thanks for the example, that's pretty much exactly what I'd do with the mesh. What did you get that air dam off of?

• Like 2

if I remove the bumper and have no roll pan I'll have no reverse lights, they already don't work just curious if they have to be present on the vehicle.

Technically, they do. But I seriously doubt any police officer would notice. 

You could do what they did on the Roadster? Instead of making an integrated reverse light when the DOT said they had to have one, they just tucked it up underneath.   ^_^

img_2283.jpg

• Like 3

img_2283.jpg

I'll do that for just to be safe, great idea!

I have been looking for an air dam that fits and has the styling I want, I heard there's a Volvo series that works on 720's. I just wanted to do something a little different, the bumpers don't look bad, I just want to see what else I can come up with. I really like nismo's set up with the 521 bumperettes up front.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...