noob from new zealand and my kingcab

kingpinnz

Hi guys

I picked up my king cab for an old set of wheels and $100 because the kid who owned it said it was not working. guess he didnt know that you have to have a HT lead from the coil to the dizzy!''

I have started a blog for the 720 as it is going to be a promo car for my clothing company and my sticker/graphics company.

heres the blog: Kiwi JDM's Datsun Kingcab Project

this is a pic of it sitting on the lawn of the old owner:

tumblr_lyveptvJsa1rol6y3o1_500.jpg

heres a original bench seat i scored for it:

tumblr_lyvf0cuyBO1rol6y3o1_500.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which engine do those come with? Here we got L20B, Z20, Z22 or Z24.

yeah i read that all 84s like mine came with a z motor. however mine is an L18! and most others ive seen over here are L series powered as well

Sweet kingcab. I'm American so RHD freakin rules. :) And the white Datsun 1000 or whatever it was on your blog is also sweet. Welcome!!

thanks! the other car is a R30 skyline. a nissan really but still old and rad. unfortunatly we are probably selling it as we recently lost a whole lot of motors etc to a a-hole local "mechanic".

L-series is a better engine than the Z-series IMO. Looks better too. But the extra CCs do make a difference.

Got any piccies of the flat tray?

yeah i dig the look of the L series. im gonna either polish the valve cover or get it powdercoated neon green. the rest of the engine bay will be black with maybe a chrome rod style air cleaner.

no pix of the flat deck as yet...its not great and im thinking of a complete re-build.

If it spits and fires abit i assume the coil is fireing

ck point gap. condensor anything in the points

valve lash settings?

ck the carb and see if gas is being squited in when you cycle the linkage

http://vimeo.com/19077890

a local 510/1600 guy should be able to get this runinng EZ

sweet ill check those things

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys

progress has been very very slow....actually there hasnt been any!

hard to find the time, money and motivation when also trying to get a new business of the ground!

I have a question....do these come with diesel engines? im thinking of a transplant to make it more useable...gas prices are cray here!

cheers

Brett

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they did come with diesel engines, in the US they came with a SD22(61hp) from 1981 threw 1983ish, and a few later 720s came with a SD25(70hp), in the US they came with inline injection pumps, and as far as I know they came with VE type injection pumps in Australia.

The VE type is easy to turbocharge, the inline is not.

They are not that powerfull, but get good MPG.

Hi guys

progress has been very very slow....actually there hasnt been any!

hard to find the time, money and motivation when also trying to get a new business of the ground!

I have a question....do these come with diesel engines? im thinking of a transplant to make it more useable...gas prices are cray here!

cheers

Brett

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info.

Yes they did come with diesel engines, in the US they came with a SD22(61hp) from 1981 threw 1983ish, and a few later 720s came with a SD25(70hp), in the US they came with inline injection pumps, and as far as I know they came with VE type injection pumps in Australia.

The VE type is easy to turbocharge, the inline is not.

They are not that powerfull, but get good MPG.

• 2 months later...

Sweet kingcab. I'm American so RHD freakin rules. smile.gif And the white Datsun 1000 or whatever it was on your blog is also sweet. Welcome!!

thanks! the other car is a R30 skyline. a nissan really but still old and rad. unfortunatly we are probably selling it as we recently lost a whole lot of motors etc to a a-hole local "mechanic".

I think he was talking about this one tumblr_lz0v3cRTfb1rol6y3o1_1280.jpg