Projector Headlights

Hey guys,

I'm Ben from Dapper Lighting. We are in the middle of designing a 5 3/4" projector headlight for you guys. Could someone tell me the dimensions of the stock headlight (mainly length) and what it looks like in the housing. We pretty much are trying to find out how much room there is on the backside of it.

I'd appreciate the help and I'll definitely give you guys a discount and first dibs when they come out.

Thanks,

Ben

• Like 1
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as standard they used the glass lens sealed beams... but as for your limits on length ... it depends on the vehicle really... but if you stay near (or slightly over) the length of a std sealed beam you should be good... the trucks ofcourse have a a good bit of room... and cars im not sure

7" diam x 4" depth seems to be the norm

EDIT: 5 3/4" diameter

• Like 1

as standard they used the glass lens sealed beams... but as for your limits on length ... it depends on the vehicle really... but if you stay near (or slightly over) the length of a std sealed beam you should be good... the trucks ofcourse have a a good bit of room... and cars im not sure

7" diam x 4" depth seems to be the norm

You mean 5 3/4" x 4"? The prototype we have is just about 5" in length. Think it would fit? I'm looking at more specifically the 510s right now.

dont forget the battery on the passenger side, when I was prepping my kc for the BMW lights I ran out of room with the battery behind the bucket of the light. so you may have to relocate the battery else where depending on the final depth of your lights. cant wait for these... :D

Clayton

Ok so the issue seems to be they aren't a direct fit. You have to adapt them to the stock headlight rings.

I'm gonna see if we can shrink the length of the projector.

Our kit will be a direct replacement for the stock ones so you can adjust and aim them. They will also be plug and play in terms of wiring.

• Like 1

Ok so the issue seems to be they aren't a direct fit. You have to adapt them to the stock headlight rings.

I'm gonna see if we can shrink the length of the projector.

Our kit will be a direct replacement for the stock ones so you can adjust and aim them. They will also be plug and play in terms of wiring.

laugh.gif i dont think that would make half of us think twice... if you have some time to look around, youd understand. Alot of guys go out of their ways to find things to modify.