620/720 KA24 Motor Mount brackets

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#21 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe
  • Cars:78 620 KC, 77 620 KC, 72 CJ5, 04 G35 coupe mmmm

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

Thanks for the props :)

I looked at the 521 mounts I got that someone else had made. It looks like both sides move the motor, about 1" fwd on the passenger side and 1" aft on the drivers side...
I didn't build them or even see them in the truck they came from, other than pictures, so I can't really say how well they located the motor. The KA also had an auto bolted to it which doesn't help determine how it fit either.

If someone has 521 and wants a KA installed that is local to me. I can give a hand and figure the mounts out and that person would get the first set no charge. Or if anyone wants to test fit my 620 mounts I would gladly ship them a set to check fitment.

Here's some pics I took of the comparison.

Drivers side mounts

IMG_4937.jpg

Passenger side mounts

IMG_4936.jpg

Smokin' Joe's House of Datto's

gJv38AY.jpg
Member- *Japanese Trucking Association*

**DATSUN FAQ** ~ If ya know it, post it ~ If ya don't know it, learn it ~

ratsun.net rising sun stickers                     ratsun business cards order thread

620 KA24 Motor Mount Swap Brackets

1977 620 KingCab Deluxe KA24DE Swap - Refresh and cleanup
1978 620 kingcab 4x4 - KA24E SAS w/Dana 44 front and Toyota rear

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

Whenever I think that I'm out of my mind for putting this much time and money into an old Datsun, all I have to do is look some of your threads to know that I'm not nearly as whack as you are.

You're going to skin a few knuckles, stand up too fast and bump your head, hunt around the floor for the nuts and bolts you dropped, invent a few new cuss words and when you're finished you'll say "That wasn't so hard after all!"

#22 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

So, I am all out of mounts at the moment. I have another run coming from my cutter though. If you would like a set this next run let me know.

85720Bullet has graciously volunteered to guniea pig the mounts in a 720. If all goes well, I'll be selling these for that application as well.

As you can see from the pictures of the mounts I got from a KA521 it looks like he may have had the motor in a little crooked as both mounts are out of plane in opposite directions. This leads me to belive these mounts will also work in the 521. Any thoughts on this from you guys with 521s? I personally can't see why the mounts would be different on the 521 versus the 620 running L series motors, but anything is possible... If anyone wants to give them a try in your 521, you can PM me to work out the details.

Thanks to all you guys that have already purchased my mounts, gives me a warm and fuzzy knowing I helped get a bunch of KA 620's on the road :D

gJv38AY.jpg

ratsun.net rising sun stickers                     ratsun business cards order thread

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

Whenever I think that I'm out of my mind for putting this much time and money into an old Datsun, all I have to do is look some of your threads to know that I'm not nearly as whack as you are.

You're going to skin a few knuckles, stand up too fast and bump your head, hunt around the floor for the nuts and bolts you dropped, invent a few new cuss words and when you're finished you'll say "That wasn't so hard after all!"

#23 flatcat19

flatcat19
  • Cars:Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

That is good news.

Blah, blah, blah, no Datsun.

You can't hang if your nuts haven't dropped...it's physics

#24 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

4 Sets of mounts dropped off at the powder coater today. Will be picking them up tomorrow so let me know if you want a set. Still $111 shipped in the US. :)

gJv38AY.jpg

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

#25 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

Mounts are powder coated and ready for purchase.

gJv38AY.jpg

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

#26 mantas

mantas
  • Cars:Nissan Juke/Nissan S14/Datsun 620

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

Bump this to the top. Thanks again for the mounts, i love the way they set the engine in my truck. The cheap way of doing it - KA24 mounts and l16 mounts was definitely going to create many issues for me and your mounts saved me from many headaches. Quality parts at a very reasonable price, i highly rec these for anyone doing a KA swap.

#27 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Thanks man.

I've got 2 sets available. :)

gJv38AY.jpg

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

#28 620Soldier

620Soldier
  • Cars:2005 Dodge Dakota

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

PM sent. I so hope I'm on time! I've heard nothing but good reviews on these. All I need is to getthe L20 rubber mounts when I pick up the throttle cable.

#29 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Hope you got yours in time for the weekend. :)

I will be picking up another run from powder coat this afternoon. Two sets are spoken for, that leaves three sets available. PM me if you would like a set. :D

gJv38AY.jpg

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

#30 Mirrorimg

Mirrorimg

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

I would like a set. PMing you.

#31 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for the purchase, they went out yesterday :)

Got 2 sets available for purchase

gJv38AY.jpg

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

#32 green180

green180
  • Cars:1971 Datsun 521, 2006 Toyota Sequoia, 1990 Toyota Cressida

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Has anyone figured out if these work for a ka 521

#33 mrbigtanker

mrbigtanker
  • Cars:Trailblazer ss/72 521/71 goon/454 SS/2016 canyon

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

I was just going to ask the same question being that the 521 is more popular then the dried out 620's.lol

#34 Z chopper

Z chopper
  • Cars:Datsunless

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

I was just going to ask the same question being that the 521 is more popular then the dried out 620's.lol

get a set and test fit then take pics and measurements so ]2eDeYe could have an idea if he needs to tweek the design so they will work in a 521 or if they can be used as is.

LSHCCOMNAIWEDA, which translates to: laughing so hard coke came out my nose and I wasn't even drinking any.

Your Datsun will never get mad if you enjoy driving another car even if younger than she is.
Your Datsun never has a headache.
Your Datsun doesn't mind if you want to drive her at 3 AM.
Your Datsun won't get upset if you let a friend drive her.
Your Datsun can be driven and enjoyed all month long.
Your Datsun won't take you to court for alimony if you get rid of her.
Your Datsun doesn't mind if you want to drive her in public.
Your Datsun doesn't need flowers before letting you put the key in the ignition.

wanted thread http://community.rat...us-other-stuff/

build thread _________________________________

#35 Rjawm

Rjawm

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

85720Bullet has graciously volunteered to guniea pig the mounts in a 720. If all goes well, I'll be selling these for that application as well.

Did anything happen with this?  Any good info learned?

I tried to check his build thread but it looks as though his plans have changed as far as what motor he's swapping in.

It'd be a huge time saver if your mounts did work for sure.

#36 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

Booooooo :fu:

Did anything happen with this?  Any good info learned?

I tried to check his build thread but it looks as though his plans have changed as far as what motor he's swapping in.

It'd be a huge time saver if your mounts did work for sure.

He said he was going to test fit them and let me know but I don't think he's gotten around to it yet. We all know how projects can be :lol:

get a set and test fit then take pics and measurements so ]2eDeYe could have an idea if he needs to tweek the design so they will work in a 521 or if they can be used as is.

Is it a simple bolt in swap to put an L20B into the 521? If it is these mounts should work.

I'd be willing to send someone a set to test fit if they were ready to swap. If they work then they could pay for them, if not just send them back.

I can incorporate changes needed, if any and offer sets for the earlier trucks.

gJv38AY.jpg

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

#37 Z chopper

Z chopper
  • Cars:Datsunless

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

well I luck out and the 521 I am thinking of buying is an L series, I'll test fit them for ya

LSHCCOMNAIWEDA, which translates to: laughing so hard coke came out my nose and I wasn't even drinking any.

Your Datsun will never get mad if you enjoy driving another car even if younger than she is.
Your Datsun never has a headache.
Your Datsun doesn't mind if you want to drive her at 3 AM.
Your Datsun won't get upset if you let a friend drive her.
Your Datsun can be driven and enjoyed all month long.
Your Datsun won't take you to court for alimony if you get rid of her.
Your Datsun doesn't mind if you want to drive her in public.
Your Datsun doesn't need flowers before letting you put the key in the ignition.

wanted thread http://community.rat...us-other-stuff/

build thread _________________________________

#38 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

Right on. Just let me know when your ready :)

gJv38AY.jpg

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

#39 NITRQ

NITRQ
  • Cars:70' 521 - 88'Camaro - 13'Beetle

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

http://i315.photobuc...609174710_n.jpg

ill try the mounts! or if you still have those 521 mounts!

#40 NITRQ

NITRQ
  • Cars:70' 521 - 88'Camaro - 13'Beetle

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

motor on the stand ready to go!  :thumbup:

1394780_739251366090671_1609174710_n.jpg

893827_739368226078985_964403535_o.jpg