Projekt.....1972 wagon

jrock4224

Those are 20 or 22 mm I believe there actually for the blue coupe.... I just set them up near the wagon for affect .....there also 16s I wAnna run 15s on my wagon but the wheel I want has limited offsets.... I only painted the under good and front clip and a foot past the windshield I will paint it next winter

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Jon man ,,you mentioned that the inlet was closed , but i thought you ment they were just closed not CLOSED!!

Can`t remember where you said the guy was going or where you are going to go now..any clue?

And you seemed taller in person ,,maybe it`s just the pink jacket ..

sorry for the semi thread jack

Shit yeah old Bert is gone.... And so was a working 510 rad..... All I needed was the overflow tit soldered back on..... He offered to help me Out while bullshiting about another rad and a year later he's gone..... But I know how to track him down..he fixed like ten radiators for me..... Not the fastest but did super work and was reasonable..... Just goes to show u the American economy is doing nothing for the life blood of the economy.... Small business are being forgotten and the sad part small business is what built this economy ...... Sorry business owner soap box I will slide it back under the bed ..... Any way it's 445 am I'm up and headed to work on the goon....I dot have a plan today all I know is there are two things in this world that make me happy one is pictured above ( wife and daugter). Two, workin with my best friend bangin on some datsuns.... Even if we don't make much headway its ok it's datsuns and they out a smile on my face ....

Side note looks like Tuesday or Wednesday I will be headed to Albany with truck and trailer to pick up a rare Toyota corona..... Do t know much about it but my buddy is asking I take his truck and trailer to get it so if there's any dataun parts needed to head south I can express transport them ..... I should get a seat pan for my wayon while I am at it ....

Ok as much fun as taking a shit and posting are I gotta a wagon to lay under its 456 am and I am Mobil ratsun nation watch out I'm out and about

Taller in person meeeeaaaaaahhhhhh....... Nah I'm not that tall, I drive a 521 and love it .....although that was the first thing Tristan mentioned when he came by the shop ......he muttered shit bannana said u were tall but fuck....

How was the Elma meet Tristan .... Was trying to fInd some time this weekend but being sick for a week sucks ..... Thanks for being patient about the rims they are gonn a be sick and don't worry about the put gassing I mentioned it's very common I just didn't give them enough oven time ....

• 2 weeks later...

this part of the thread is sponsored by Tristam Bomar.....Tristin grind ...

for allowing me to mock up with his recently purchased wheels.... i am changing the centers color for tristan and he s gracioslly allowed me to borrow them for a afternoon...

61e07156.jpg

e00ba725.jpg

1f5a1b08.jpg

5053cf5c.jpg

15x7 front and 15x8 rear...tristan can chime in with offsets....he was to pick these wheels up bu the two 15x7 center cracked the clear while cooling.... cast is notorious for doing this.......product hardens while cast is still warm and as it cools it shrinks and with cause micro cracks.... i put them back in the overn the cracks went away not sure if they will show up in pics or not....

339f1771.jpg

ce214345.jpg

119befd5.jpg

90c3cc0a.jpg

• Like 1

this part of the thread is sponsored by Tristin Bomar.....Tristin grind ...

for allowing me to mock up with his recently purchased wheels.... i am changing the centers color for tristan and he s gracioslly allowed me to borrow them for a afternoon...

5053cf5c.jpg

:frantics:

Man, those look great with that color combo. I cant wait to get these back and mount them on Minty. And they are +12s for offset. You do awesome work Jon.

Yes I did. I guess were on a time crunch for paint so were using the support for painting, then once that happens, we can move the car back to the shop, take it apart and I can send that piece down to you. I thought it was ready to send down to you, but I guess David (actual owner of the car) had other plans because where he has it is riding him hard to get it out. Ill hit you up again when its ready... Ive got some other things Ill have you coat as well Im sure.

Ok was I suppose to get one of those I got the flat sided ring but after looking for a bit I figured it must be the top side for strut cap clearance but the cap doesn't fit inside it anyway And thank u been waiting for that answer for awhile

Since I am runnin 7 inch thinking about cutting the threaded tube down to raise the lower ring out of the tires way, big thanks Dennis I see what u are saying its instead of the ring then tube slides over and rests on that inner shoulder on threaded part

ok attention looking for one of these in good shape for my wagon.. i got three and i got a idea.... and does anyione know the size spacer to get stock steelies to fix 280 zx struts

d71488eb.jpg

need one in equal shape ....saw one on ebay but i didnt think it was worth 85.00 well unless it was the foruth one of this priginal set on the goon...

stealing green goons thunder since i cant decide on a rim package and we are close to being back on terra firma...

dat2_2.jpg

I thought you were going to pick up SSR MKIIIs? I think I remember DatDoug having some of those... Hes the one I got my hubcaps from, and I think when he brought out what he had, there were a few of those in there.

Truf. I like the staggered design/sizes... Its a similar style to having mismatching rims, but for this particular setup they are both similar sets of SSRs coated the same color. So the rims match, but with a bit of a twist. Im sure not everyone likes it, but I do. The wagon looks great with them so as soon as Jon is down working his magiic with them, I can wait to put them on my 4dr.

yeah they are looking cool.....i do plan on running rims but for now i powdercoated the stock steelies ......i have been wavering my wheel choice ....so for now if it rolls soon....i need a wheel and tire since b then my head will still be up my ass deciding on wheels

and actually i didnt likethe idea of mismatch till i coated them and put them up next to my car ... its pretty cool...i

Tristan i also am cleaning up the rash on the lip so hopefully all u will have to do is mask the centers and polish the lips.....and boom sicker rolling stock..

Man, youre cleaning up the rash too?! :wub: Youre my hero.

Im going to owe you big time when it comes around to settling up on these haha. With access to all the tools you do in that shop, Im sure those steelies will come out killer. Youre right though, it will give you something to roll around on while youre trying to decide what wheels you want.

• 3 weeks later...

seen this on onroad sat... we were drifting before therace...

0a879421.jpg

my s class drifter... vip..

a05f8dfe.jpg

struts assembled after long datsun hiatus...

ab33100a.jpgeee515b4.jpg

688cb8b7.jpg

drove the datto 521 a few days this week... makes me wanna l20 5 sp it

4e616a08.jpgc3c1be89.jpg

• Like 1