Projekt.....1972 wagon

jrock4224

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there did seem to be to much silver on that side after looking at the pictures awhile,,, good call on that ..

And i could have went my whole rest of my life without seeing a penis painted on the top of yer car..laugh.gif

Motor looks nice

Is this going in a 521? 521 Oil pan

hahaha funny i was looking at another pan we have this am and its different.....so i should find a different pan

?????.....that i assume is deeper....it was a extra 521 pan....is that why the oil pick up is retardedly close to bottom of pan....i think the blue coupe is running this pan too......but to answer your question, no its not going in a 521...i appreciate u nbringing that up if its a issue...they look very similar..

Yeah there did seem to be to much silver on that side after looking at the pictures awhile,,, good call on that ..

And i could have went my whole rest of my life without seeing a penis painted on the top of yer car..laugh.gif

there's a penis on my wagon....where?

probably deserve it, there's a rumor circulating that there's a pic of my bare ball resting on a leather momo wheel in some blue coupe....I say bs.... dont call me to come over and work on it and then choose to sleep in....and then act shocked when wierd shit went down after a couple beers working by myself...

hainz.....u act like i wanna steer or something(hahahaha).....got too many powdercoated oil pans,i guess....i see what u mean its a little deeper and the rear is clearanced for the steering.... and of course the only other 510 pan i have looks like it was on ruby rusty, its been pounded and looks like it bounced off the ground about 00 times...i will hammer and dolly it and see if its saveable...

If you lived closer I ewould give you a 510 pan. One with a splash divider is the best if you can find one of them.Some are just open pans.

as for the T3 camber plates I dont think you really needed to open up the hole anymore unless you want the Gangsta look.

as I have mine to -1 deg and that usually the best setting.

Get it alighned soon as you get the height you want. I almost ate thru my new tires.

I too dialed mine in all the way to see wha it look like,looks cool up I didnt know How it would react on the street as if one hits a bump on a rainey day it might pull(need 2 hands to drive!!!!!)

I know you want to make your own strutbar but they have turn buckle type already out there to pre load it up if you want.

tdajj is east in yelm, .got some 521 stuff from him way back.....I will gladly trade u a 521 pan.... what color u want? as for trimming just enlarged the hole to match the brace... I don't wanna preload one.... mainly he just wanted to practice tig ing...so when i got there and he was already that far on the strut bar...... i left well enough alone........besides he is gonna need a rear push bar for when my wagon is bumping him off his line at the track....still nervous about trying to stuff a 15" = +10 wheel under/inside these wheel lips and be real low...the wheel is made by another manufacturer in the right offset but one is more expensive then all four of these....what can i say ratsun for life

ps im a mini trucker ... all i do is wear out tires....my fullsizes are the worse ... there bagged and will kill front outter edges of tires in about 7500, even the static drop tahoe kills soft tires......i mean 90 percent tread everywhere cords on edge... they get wicked caster issues when turning...feels like your over driving the tires at idle...i just dont turn sharp...

It was a 4speed ..but i picked it up for Lizzy and it was pretty ragged.. I tried to get it running before he came picked it up and couldn`t ...The guy who owned it was a real character, Izzo bought it for $350. and it was priced pretty accurately. Izzy had to have done a shit load of work to get it just where it is today.

The wagon you have is quite a bit less work than what that fluorescent green one needed.

lol. I redid the L18 in it, had the cam dowel snap. Went and bought an L20 and stuffed it in there, along with a new clutch. Replaced the rear main in the driveway the day rustina bought it.

I had countless hours messing around with it. I sold it quite a ways under what I had into it, not including time and gas even getting these parts. Rustina got a good deal.

yeah wasn't it up where state and fourth run into each other ....i saw it down town alot and that's where usually would ask about it.....it was back when i wasn't a wagon fan... but i seen it around town since i was in high school...350 is a score for it...found another off white wagon off sleater kinney on 26th.....actually if u go down lily its faster to get to ... look pretty clean but its been under storage and now has been rolled outside... i see e it on the way to the track if i think i will stop and ask today on my way to the track....snap a pic or two

Rustina....wasnt your wagon the apple green one from olympia i mentioned?

Yeah. I got it from ass hat in seaside. ;) and I am always trying to get him to do some welding for me. It has some rust that needs attention and some body damage that needs a cut/replace/weld/bondo work

05e2fe52.jpg

6e12368d.jpg

thank u earl schieb... and your not quite stock color choice.....gonna paint whole car next wntier....

c935248e.jpg

8ca4548c.jpg

nah,

19b8577f.jpg

friends body shop in back forty....no back story

afb01424.jpg

521 pan waiting to go to new owner...hmmmmm

539467f7.jpg

hey so whats this relief in the coil body for .....? for the strut cap???

8aed160e.jpg

and happy belated easter....

8aa7fa19.jpg

This thing is coming along great. I love the color. One of my favorite 510 colors. New cars need to come with half of the factory choices that Datsun had.

Glad my goon is inspiring to you but seeing your engine detailed and your car being painted and that cool strut bar/T3 camber plates makes me want to tear mine apart and do it up right.

What is the offset and tire info on your RBs?