Power Steering Conversion

ZackeryNM

FAIL: Stock z24 engine... could have saved some people some time.

Anybody a local of the Spokane area have all of the components of power steering that I could put into my truck? I read somewhere a while ago that it only takes about two hours to add it. Would this even be possible? Thanks In Advance! Here is the motivation: (I dont have any pictures of my house right now) at the top of the driveway there is a very tight turn around that I have to make every day. I understand some wouldn't go through this trouble but I want to increase the trucks ability to turn on with one hand (I want to be able to back-up and look back at the same time) and I just want to be lazy! Not sure how much this should cost or will cost.

Edited by ZackeryNM
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...you need the PS/steering gear, the 2 high and low pressure hose lines, PS pump/mounting bracket,tensioner, belt and maybe another crank pulley. Someone from this forum.... should have all those parts.

I do...but shipping would be a 'bitch'

Shoot for a weekend to install and or ;)

Well...you need the PS/steering gear, the 2 high and low pressure hose lines, PS pump/mounting bracket,tensioner, belt and maybe another crank pulley. Someone from this forum.... should have all those parts.

I do...but shipping would be a 'bitch'

Shoot for a weekend to install and or ;)

i have a complete power steering unit still attached to my r30 skyline (injected L24) happy to rip it out and sell it if your happy to pay the shipping.

Do yourself a favor. The 720 came with a PS option... get it and all the parts from one. It will fit and work much better than cobbling an L24 unit. For one thing the L24 PS box mounts inside the frame rail... 720s mount to the outside... not going to work.

Do yourself a favor. The 720 came with a PS option... get it and all the parts from one. It will fit and work much better than cobbling an L24 unite. For one thing the L24 PS box mounts inside the frame rail... 720s mount to the outside... not going to work.

Alrighty then. Looking for the whole 720 PS system.

i picked up the only parts truck around spokane (and now im driving it cool.gif)

Yeah I hear ya. Lol I wish I could have done that 4x4 deal but just wrong timing lol. So I found out that if you have a filed down key you can get into 82-93 nissan and toyota pickups (how mine was stolen for 2 days).

I'm not saying that this will happen but for jokes:

*finds another 720, in the middle of the night, checks under the hood, if PS is found, works fast, if not moves on*

I had just realized that I put L24 in because I had been trying to track down one but decided against it; sorry guys I have the stock z24 lol. I know it says member but I have n00b momentsblink.gif

thers an 83 king cab on craigs right now for 3k with 85k original miles. he says 38mpg, but i'm calling BULLSHIT!! but hey, its a kings cab, so its got power steering

hmm steering wheel spinner? are they legal here in washington? all i get is info for Ohio when i search.... 38mpg? who does he think he is going to fool? seriously the only people who would be more interested are nissan/datsun knowledgeable folks. Anyone else who is solidly interested would be too blind to call his bluff, therefore they would be solidly disappointed when they realize they get about 29-32 (if that). My base with a 2.4 got 35 when it was at its best point after the break-in process.

thers an 83 king cab on craigs right now for 3k with 85k original miles. he says 38mpg, but i'm calling BULLSHIT!! but hey, its a kings cab, so its got power steering

hmm steering wheel spinner? are they legal here in washington? all i get is info for Ohio when i search.... 38mpg? who does he think he is going to fool? seriously the only people who would be more interested are nissan/datsun knowledgeable folks. Anyone else who is solidly interested would be too blind to call his bluff, therefore they would be solidly disappointed when they realize they get about 29-32 (if that). My base with a 2.4 got 35 when it was at its best point after the break-in process.

Can't see over 30 with Z24 engine. You guys are overlooking the diesel. Probably over 30 I don't know about 38.

Can't see over 30 with Z24 engine. You guys are overlooking the diesel. Probably over 30 I don't know about 38.

Or maybe in his 17 years of ownership my PO just lied about the mpg he was getting (He is a family friend and 'cheap' so maybe he did it to feel good lol) He kept meticulous records of every fill up, filter change, oil change, tires and air pressure checks hell even when he replaced light bulbs he wrote it down. But the speedo needle does waver at the 20> range and 35mph=30mph so who knows! Wouldn't that mean that the mileage on the truck would be lower than what the odometer says?

Or maybe in his 17 years of ownership my PO just lied about the mpg he was getting (He is a family friend and 'cheap' so maybe he did it to feel good lol) He kept meticulous records of every fill up, filter change, oil change, tires and air pressure checks hell even when he replaced light bulbs he wrote it down. But the speedo needle does waver at the 20> range and 35mph=30mph so who knows! Wouldn't that mean that the mileage on the truck would be lower than what the odometer says?

The speedo cable drives both the needle and the odometer. The needle reading does not have anything to do with the odometer accuracy.

The speedo cable drives both the needle and the odometer. The needle reading does not have anything to do with the odometer accuracy.

I thought it would be the same as a motorcycle, my bad...again.

Seven Mile? I'm not sure if that was directed to me but I have mobbed around in the orv park (nine mile I believe). Speaking of which, its amazing to bike up there when there is snow on the ground.