Dog leg 5 speed

goes2fast

Similar but not the same. It's the 63-series but has an L-motor bellhousing on it.

Goes2fast, unless it gets run out of oil (or you don't know how to drive tongue.gif ) it'll likely never need work. They are the largest transmission put behind an A-series. I've been running one for about 7 years and it's held up better than I ever expected.

I think the second gear syncro is starting to go, gets a little finiky when cold. :confused:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try synthetic oil it's 'thinner'. But you do risk oil leaking past old seals. I noticed my 71b was 'easier' to shift when starting off cold. Good thing about the 63A is all the synchros are the same part.

Try synthetic oil it's 'thinner'. But you do risk oil leaking past old seals. I noticed my 71b was 'easier' to shift when starting off cold. Good thing about the 63A is all the synchros are the same part.

Already has Royal Purple in it. :huh:

Instead of Royal Purple 75W140, try Royal Purple 75W90. Its thinner. Or better yet, replace the worn syncro.

Didn't say I had 75W140 in it, it's 75W90, and that is why I wanted to know what my trans was from, to find parts.