My second 620

Siempreloco

As some of you already know, I own a rusty little beater 78 620 with a decent l20 and auto tranny in it.. i just traded my nice clean 73 Chevy Vega for my second 620...a 73 620 with a rebuilt, bored l16 running a Weber carb and 4 speed manual tranny. Interior:Good Engine:Perfect Tranny:Perfect Body:Good, with minor body filler for dents, no real rust at all! But sadly, the front brakes aren't working, it seems im getting pressure to my wheel cylinders but they aren't working, ordered new wheel cylinders and hoping that's all that is wrong with it. So far i'm pretty happy, i'll have all my extra parts up for sale soon.

OICS! Featuring my brother, and his lifted danger ranger project.

IMG_0389491.jpg

IMG_0388493.jpg

IMG_0387492.jpg

IMG_0386494.jpg

IMG_0385495.jpg

IMG_0384496.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then its plugged...with air bubble or crud...ask anyone on here. the 4th time it was a siezed wheel cyl. Lol.

Remove it, blow it out with air, reinstall grab a friend and bleed it properly.

Radio

We checked the lines, we're getting pressure all the way to the wheel cylinder, so how could it be the master? The master is new, fluid is all good, it pushes out of the bleed valves just fine. not contradicting you, just wondering, i'm not a super awesome mechanic yet, so i'm open to opinions and ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

SO, been a while since i posted in here...I was right when it came to my brakes, ended up putting on 3 new wheel cylinders (gonna do the 4th one for the hell of it soon) All new pads and turned the drums.

Heres some basic oics of brake-ly stuff as well as me abusing my dog dishes because I don't like or want them. I have 6. I'll put them in for sale with stock rims when I get new rims.

IMG_0415520.jpg

IMG_0414521.jpg

IMG_0413522.jpg

Also- a quick little thing i did to make my front end look much better!

When this isn't done on a 620 it bugs the fuck out of me!

IMG_0418517.jpg

IMG_0419516.jpg

This is a sticker on my front bumper, you may not be able to make it out but it says

"Grand Gulf Nuclear Station." Keeper! laugh.gif

IMG_0417518.jpg

One of my many spare parts...but this one may end up being reinstalled, since I like it better than the plastic tank that's under the hood!!

IMG_0416519.jpg

A very small edition to my truck...to be counterbalanced on the other side by some Rats n Wrenches soon!

IMG_0420515.jpg

Some Oics of my 1st 620....its my "Parts" truck even though it runs and drives well...i dont really need 2 trucks, but I find it hard for me to part with it....im unsure on what to do with it yet.

IMG_0395523.jpg

IMG_0393524.jpg

I almost bought that red one! lol Good ole Harold had that truck right? Nice guy. I had to turn it down though, the rust was way over my head. Runs like a champ though!

No idea, got it from Lowgap and was owned by a woman, her husband wasn't home when I got it.

It runs okay, I had to do a lot of tuning when I got it home, and the front lights don't work, they tried to hide just about everything wrong with it, but i got it cheap so i'm not too upset.