• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

2_3w.jpgscreen shot on windows

2_3x.jpgimage hosting site

got it mostly tuned up to 9 psi, but I need to replace the clutch soon.  It will slip if I get boost in 5th worse on hills.  It has never been changed that I know of so it is probably well over due anyway.  stock replacement costs $98 for clutch kit $55 for new flywheel!!!  not too bad  :thumbup:

Finally landed a job.  Nothing glamorous but it's great exercise and consistent hours(off weekends= meets,meets,meets)  and I have worked for them twice in the past lol.  It has been 7 years or more but I can still whip a Toro around with one hand...

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

There seems to be a 521 rear brake hardware shortage..... found a return spring kit on rock auto but it doesn't have the pins caps and springs for shoes....  amazon shows a wagner part number h17111 available but  says ships in 1 to 2 months  :sick:  :sick:  :poop: wasn't planning to axle swap this thing yet but I don't want to disc swap a weak axle.  

• Like 1

yeah got 2 autozones.. thats where i got my last set, but they can't get anymore. If they can get a set where you are get em please!!!  i get paid friday and can wire you some cash lol Even tried a part number search at both locations.  Sent an email to wagner brakes to see about buying direct but have not heard back.......getting to work without it for now, but if I don't find a kit soon I'll just have to start looking for a mark 8 or t-bird to get the IRS from.  far more affordable than a 4 link and explorer 8.8

• 1 month later...

Well I managed to piece a brake hardware kit together, and have been driving the shit out of my truck again(1000 miles the other weekend)  but it is going to be down again soon for an unknown amount of time.......

Today I bought a 96 v8 thunderbird with a blown head gasket for $100 :-)  disc brakes 8.8 IRS and according to tag on door 3.27 LSD!!!!!!!!!

to be continued........

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...