Nothing "Special Vehicle Operations" SVO 521

svo521

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some coolant loss through exhaust symptoms.  Hoping it is just intake gasket or head gasket leak but the engine doesn't act like it is getting into cylinders so there is a chance that there is a crack into a exhaust port.  Going to look at the plugs today.  On the bright side... this is probably the whole reason my wideband has been error coding and I can stop hunting for gremlins there.

averaged 10 mpg yesterday yuck!   Might be time for some changes and a winning lotto ticket :-)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

So this time around I have the 2.3 mounted 4.75 inches further back than the first time.  bolted trans up to the crossmember we made for the 302/c6.  I did that mainly because there was enough room now to do it and because I was trying to save money on having the drive shaft lengthened.  Unfortunately the shaft will be 2 inches short when the t5 yoke is installed.  Not sure what I'm going to do about it yet.  $120 to have it built. I need to look up the dimensions of an 8.8 diff to see if the difference in pinion length would be enough to take up that gap.  Cost would be about the same minus two 70 mile round trip runs to the driveline shop.  Still kicking around the t-bird IRS idea or explorer 8.8

• Like 1

2_3a.jpg

2_3b.jpg

2_3c.jpg

had to make new clutch petal

2_3d.jpg

2_3e.jpg

2_3f.jpg

plumbing fuel and brakes in the morning.  need a d21 h190 diff (longer pinion flange) to make the drive line perfect length.  willing to trade these short pinion 3.89 gear h190 :-)

• Like 1