Nothing "Special Vehicle Operations" SVO 521

svo521

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes heat is an awesome tool!..... the friend part.... gonna have to put the neighbor kid to work lmao... he's real sharp for only being 12.  Just did full front end on an 87 yota 2wd last year but ive slept at least twice since than, so constructive input is always helpfull :-)   not sure how im going to mount these upper arms yet so im going to finish cleaning up the frame more pics soon.

I take it the original dash went into your friends truck and the wood one is temporary? I like the workaround for missing parts. Your trans tunnel looks wide as hell, how much extra room is there between the trans and sheetmetal?

How fast is this thing?

The dash was nothing but a metal shell when i got it and i didn't need room for heater and wipers (ditched that crap)  The wood dash is permanent but im going to have the panels made in hardwood, veneer is temporary.  alot of room around trans probably more than needed. going to have more room as soon as i replace the tortion bar xmember with a traditional  trans xmember so im going to drop everything(engine and trans) down an inch or so.  It's quick but not fast  mainly due to gearing(4.37:1) and traction.  in 5th at 3350 rpm is 70 and first gear is almost useless :-)  right now on the stands its really slow ;-)  

here is what is started with.....

CAM00532.jpg

sanding, masking, 2 coats of primer 3 coats hunter green 2 coats clear later.....

CAM00533.jpg

just messing around with invisible suspension :-)

CAM00535.jpg

more to follow... trip to pick and pull in a few days to get spindles etc. yay!

I might take the old king pin set up off your hands... how loose were they?

very loose... i just got used to the bump steer and the shaking. i have had them over 90mph and im still alive   :-)  you can have if you need... have a brand new brake line never got around to installing that ill throw in also... dont want to scrap it if it can be used by the community.

if im on the road before you can get here i can meet half way! or do i use it as an excuse for a coastal road trip? ;-)

I bet the One would be nice right now. I am waiting for brake parts from Rock Auto before I can even think aboot heading to Red Bluff.

• Like 1

let the relocation of essential electrical components begin!!!!

CAM00564.jpg

this one picture is a Datsun, Ford, GM, Toyota and Intel soup.... but their powers combined!

CAM00565.jpg

The welder in the background would be an awesome machine if i could get it to weld again..

CAM00561.jpg

almost to the point where im waiting for parts.  More to follow........