Nothing "Special Vehicle Operations" SVO 521

svo521

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you are a mad man!! I cant wate to see what this thing can do. whats your gearing in the rear?

4.37 gears.  If I can get it all back together before Halloween night street legal drags......we will find out what it can do.  If not it will just have to produce some burnout videos until its debut at cool april nights..... :devil:

20141022_151314.jpg

20141022_151357.jpg

20141022_151255.jpg

20141022_151122.jpg

20141022_133327.jpg

got a bunch of little, hard to see details hammered out.  fuel system is plumbed, drivenline installed, cable for shifter attached to trans etc.  have the MS harness routed and mostly hooked up. need to shorten and lengthen a few wires here and there. 2 weeks of not driving my truck is starting to take its toll on me lol.  first fire on friday is a good possibility, but not the end of the world if we don't.      Soon enough.........

• Like 2

exhaust all welded up to the 4 inch pre existing system with 5 inch supertrapp disc setup....

20141024_120249.jpg

instrumentation and switches are ready....

20141024_133501.jpg

shifter cable tied in and adjusted... mostly wired. just need to sort out the rest of ignition wiring (lengthen hei wires)

20141024_133554.jpg

short day tomorrow......... Will we start it?..............

to be continued...........

• Like 1

well it fired off yesterday.....   probably would have idled if I had plumbed the map sensor in ^_^ lmao...  made sure it was reading proper when I cycled the key on just forgot to take 2 minutes and tee into vacuum.   Battery charged up today.  Tomorrow I should be able to post a running video!!!!! :D

• Like 2

20141104_160255.jpg

no place like home..... need to tap trans mount holes for bigger bolts because they were questionable when I got the housing, and they wont torque down.  was about to change plugs and wires because of an audible miss from tailpipe....decided to double check injector plugs......#4 wasn't connected... whole table went rich hehe problem solved!!

• 2 weeks later...

replaced the plugs and wires.. all but one of the plugs looked normal.  these are the plugs that were in the motor when we drove from arkansas to CA in 2010 and the EGR valve failed near flagstaff.... never seen a melted electrode before.  It looked like it happened along time ago.....gonna be interesting to see what that hyper piston looks like when we tear it down to drop the static compression.

20141114_091023.jpg

needs more wet sanding than some polish.....

20141113_105355.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just ordered a pair of the new high travel coils from QA1 :w00t:   going with 550 pound this time.  If anyone wants a pair of 2.5 ID 7 inch 400 pound standard QA1 coils I will sell them for $25 for the pair. If not I will add them to my collection of swap meet items.

too light for a 2.3t swap and way too light for a 5.0 should be enough for a stock engine.

You need to post a pic of the curren coil at ride height. "Way too light" dosnt illustrate it well. ;-)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My bandaid fix for my steering box has failed for the last time.  I will not be putting any part of that one back in.  need to find a replacement before I can drive it again.  If anyone has a complete column/gearbox at a reasonable price I would jump up in the air and get stuck there like the people on the old toyota comercials (how they do that?)