Nothing "Special Vehicle Operations" SVO 521

svo521

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one side is done.  the bearings looked sweet so i just repacked them.(shouldnt be a shortage of HB wheel bearings in the near future) next is the other side.  I might be getting a deal on some qa1 coilovers so i may go that route.

CAM00592.jpg

CAM00591.jpg

CAM00596.jpg

CAM00593.jpg

Got my balljoints but im having trouble getting both lowers with hardware and zerk. One is completely different build but same company... guess they started cutting costs this year.  May just have to pay twice as much for a pair from moog Yay!  but hey i got my lugnuts for the new spindles :-)

I know its not  Datsun...... but i finally got the 50's lincoln 250 to weld again!  Now i dont have to borrow my friends machine or have a time limit on how much welding time i want to put into the project.... so in a way its related and relevant to the build thread :-)

• Like 1

project is on hold for a few days so my hand can heal up.  Got jumped yesterday :-) 

but i got some 6011 and some 6013(for bed rails trans tunnel etc.) and my welding hand is good so im gonna get familiar with this machine while i wait.

got jumped? didnt like your long hair or what? =P

:-) nah they didn't like the fact that i had video evidence of their kids stealing and vandalizing.  Called me a racist for even accusing them of stealing.....lmao

Got the frame cleaned up where the tabs go.  Got them tacked in place to the angle Iron just before the welder ran out of gas.  Gonna fry it all up in the morning while its cool out.  Air cooled engines don't like this heat so im trying to be easy on the ol girl :-)

CAM00631.jpg

CAM00632.jpg

CAM00634.jpg

Battery removed from truck and microsquirt completely disconnected from wiring..... im not paranoid of cooking my investment.... not at all.....

CAM00633.jpg

Got these in trade for an aluminum truck box.... Im gonna have leg room and a sliding seat. :-)

CAM00640.jpg

My wife took a pic because she thought i was crazy wearing leathers in 112 degree heat.... she's probably right...

CAM00638.jpg

Have the tabs on one side welded in going to be done with the LCA tabs tomorrow and than Ill start on the seats.

who made those upper control arms?

id like to get a set!

Beebani made the uppers and lowers.  Considering I bought these second(third) hand,  He has gone beyond what i expected in regards to tech support.  I plan to buy more parts from him in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

21324_10151366316790933_88743816_n.jpg

:devil:

Yay!!!!

CAM00797.jpg

This video describes my excitement level right now !!  :w00t:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VLnWf1sQkjY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fail  lmao  I can tune efi but i can't link a dam video! herp derp

• Like 1

Tie rods done got the ride height dialed in but i may have to get 450 or 500 pound springs (thought 400 would be good) because im using about 60% +/- of the adjusting threads.  I will have to see how it drives first...  was Going to post some current pics but the wife is using the "stupid" phone so im going to update everything i currently have on  fotochucket  :hyper:

I know this info is out there already..... but maybe this will help anyway...

CAM00697.jpg

old master cylinder about to get canibalized.....

CAM00699.jpg

clip removed ....you gotta use the rod but cut the ball end off.....

CAM00702.jpg

and add an extension to extend inside the new master cylinder

CAM00703.jpg

CAM00704.jpg

got distracted helping a friend at his shop wire up and tune this Opel wagon :-)  waiting on parts for it right now

CAM00740.jpg

new master cylinder needs the holes filed a bit to bolt up as does the hole in the firewall... 

CAM00745.jpg

ok here's one of the dozen or so times I mocked things 

CAM00803.jpg

CAM00804.jpg

almost there!

CAM00805.jpg

got my dead short fixed(voltage regulator) so i just need to bleed the brakes, balance the front tires and get it aligned :-)

I will post more pics tomorrow or maybe tonight  B)