Nothing "Special Vehicle Operations" SVO 521

svo521

steering completely failed in middle of right turn.. had to drive across divider and through lawn at gas station to get off the road.  was all bad.  I'm fortunate i went the opposite direction with my suspension than most do.....would never have cleared the curb if lowered lol

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update.

Replaced steering box with one out of a 620.  even got the stock wheel with it.  Cracked frame on passenger side right where the lower control arm tabs welded in.  repaired it but taking it easy until I can get motor out and beef up the frame.  Maybe run a bolt in cross brace to tie both sides together.  Not driving her much lately.  The V8 swap made gas expensive.  thinking about swapping in a smaller engine.  Been riding my virago instead.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ordering LCA bushings tomorrow!  Hopefully I will have a functioning oic generator by the time I start working on it.  Taking motor and trans out probably going to lift the cab off also so I can clean up and paint the whole front half of the frame.  thinking about throwing in a cam while I have the pan and timing cover off to fix seals.  shooting for having the thing ready to pass tech inspection by march 26th so I can finally get a time slip!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Saw you're truck at farmageddon, parked diagonally from you and didn't even notice it until I got out and I almost pooped myself

yeah was a cold drive with no door glass.  I was rocking my scooby doo pajamas for at least 2 hours lol.  Got them to autograph a dutch bros sticker so I can slap it on my dash

• Like 1

Ran a best of 14.4 at 92 mph.  traction was a slight issue as was my hit and miss reaction time.  I think the fact that I forgot to turn acceleration enrichment  back on after last tuning session worked to my advantage.  Either way I am bringing the laptop next time so I can make changes between runs.

here is a 14.5 at 92 run video

• Like 1

After making a right turn onto highway and getting the usual 2nd gear chirp,  I noticed a clunking sound that goes away below 15mph.  has a thump,thump, pause..thump,thump,pause etc. rhythm much like when a tire separates and the tread smacks the body. everything looks fine so far in the front end so I think I might have messed up the H190......

• Like 1

Looks like I have one day to find a new diff... or miss out on an opportunity to make $$$ on the first(airport run) :-(  can always strap it to the back of bike, couldn't possibly be heavier than a passenger lmao! gonna replace the stock diff for now and than work on finding a complete beefy axle. 

• Like 1

yeah i found a 3.70 in a hardbody but the flange is longer so i would have to shorten driveline or switch pinion flanges.  Wrecking yard in town wants $125 just for center section.... but a complete wheel to wheel tbird IRS for $200...decisions decisions lol

• Like 1