Dang Roadsters!

fryanbacon

i really want one of these also. i like how the paint looks on yours! very ratsun, with the shiny chrome! so yours the 1600? and 2000 has the tail lights all up and down? i like your tailight formation a little better. i think the tails are the coolest aspect of these cars. well maybe someday i'll get ahold of one.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i really want one of these also. i like how the paint looks on yours! very ratsun, with the shiny chrome! so yours the 1600? and 2000 has the tail lights all up and down? i like your tailight formation a little better. i think the tails are the coolest aspect of these cars. well maybe someday i'll get ahold of one.

thanks for the compliments! :)

mine is the 1600.

the tail light and reflector formation has to do with the years. 63-69 have the small reflector that lines up with the tail lights and the 1970 had the large reflector set up next to the tail lights. kinda looks like a 3rd tail light on each side. it was some kind of DOT regulation. In 1970 they also had side marker lights like the 510 and early z cars with the rectangle look verses the small circles.

I personally like the earlier better, but I'm glad to have a roadster!

04-14-2008, 11:42 PM

Funny to see the battery ground on the valve cover.

04-15-2008, 02:25 PM

Fry,

Check those ground straps and replace as needed. Your amp meter in that car acts as a fusable link, and believe me, that's nothing you want to fuse. You let the smoke out of that system and you are in for learning a whole new vocabulary. Ground battery to frame, frame to block. Also ground starter to frame on the other side. I use the woven ground straps. If your lights are dim, check your ground straps. Should also put one frame to body at the rear of the car. Check out the thread about grounding over at 311s.org.

04-15-2008, 03:04 PM

hey man, thanks for the info! that's definitely something I need to do!

06-04-2008, 09:18 AM

man, this thing is fun to drive!:D

I hope you fixed the grounds. Late model engine has aluminum head, so the battery ground bolted to the aluminum valve cover hold down bolt to an aluminum head is, shall we say, less than ideal? The 1600 valve covers are routinely cracked from over-tightening the hold down bolts.

And if you're missing the starter housing to frame ground,

ground.jpg

it's only a matter of time before you burn it up.