Replacing front seats

Draker

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rodeo seats from the 96+ fit without any modification. all 4 bolts too. grab the seat belts from the b pillars and they bolt right in too, since the seat belts on rodeo seats are attached to them (of course you could pull them off and use your old ones..)

• Like 2

rodeo seats from the 96+ fit without any modification. all 4 bolts too. grab the seat belts from the b pillars and they bolt right in too, since the seat belts on rodeo seats are attached to them (of course you could pull them off and use your old ones..)

Neon seats also fit with almost no modifacations, you just need big washers, but you do sit a little higher than stock.

Thanks for the suggestions I'll see if I can source either one of these locally. I gotta dump these stock seats, not only are they in poor shape but they stink.

• Like 1

any pics of the seat setup in your truck?

any pics of the seat setup in your truck?

I'd be interested in this also. I found a few rodeo's here in the yard. I am going to scope them out sometime this week. I'm hoping I can get them for less than $100 for both.

• Like 1

Yeah I'll get a pic in my next break. I paid 26 bucks for the pair at my local yard, not including the belts.

Damn, that's cheap! The biggest yard around here is B and R. Prices are probably a bit higher. There are a lot of small yards around here also but I am not familiar with any of them.

• Like 2

IMG447.jpg

IMG448.jpg

IMG449.jpg

IMG450-1.jpg

Never mind the spacer in the back, it's only there because the bolt I had was way too long, and the po stripped the holes out. These are in my king cab, but were also in my regular cab. They bolted in the same.

• Like 1

no every bolt i have is what the idiot po used. i have to get bolts long enough to go all the way through and put a nut on the other side, these bolts dont make any sense to me. when i took these out of the rodeo i believe all of them were either 12 or 14mm bolts.

i looked into the trooper seats when i came across the rodeo seats, i actually looked at probable 75 different vehicles til i found the best fit. the problem with the troopers is where they mount along the transaxle hump. its too high by almost 2 inches, if i remember correctly.

heres the donor rig, a 98

IMG127.jpg

• Like 1

I have Z32 300zx seats in my 720. I all I had to do was drill the mounting holes on the seat bracket slightly larger to make them fit. And they are some seriously comfortable seats. This only works if you have the manual adjust seats though. If you get the electric adjust drivers side, you have to cut the adjustment motors out of the bottom of the seat, weld a couple of things in place, then weld an extension on to the original 720 seat bracket and bolt it to the Z32 seats.

011312165710.jpg

011312165719.jpg

• Like 1

I have Z32 300zx seats in my 720. I all I had to do was drill the mounting holes on the seat bracket slightly larger to make them fit. And they are some seriously comfortable seats. This only works if you have the manual adjust seats though. If you get the electric adjust drivers side, you have to cut the adjustment motors out of the bottom of the seat, weld a couple of things in place, then weld an extension on to the original 720 seat bracket and bolt it to the Z32 seats.

011312165710.jpg

011312165719.jpg

I saw your post on with these seats. I like them but they are going to be harder to find I think. I've got those seats in my Z32 and they are comfortable. If I was going that route I would look for the cloth Z32 seats with the manual adjustments. But like I said, harder to find than a Rodeo in a junk yard. At least around here.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I found some Rodeo seats from a 97. Look pretty decent.. Yard quoted me $50. I have yet to pull them. I was going to see if there were any other options because they are in decent shape, not in GREAT shape.

• Like 1

considering the year, and the fact its in a junkyard, decent is about the best you'll probably get for rodeo seats. the grandpa/garage kept vehicles like this are almost always pulled aside and sold as repairables because of their great overall conditon, or sold to the yards that require they pull the part for you, so they can charge an arm and a leg for them

• Like 1

I found some Rodeo seats from a 97. Look pretty decent.. Yard quoted me $50. I have yet to pull them. I was going to see if there were any other options because they are in decent shape, not in GREAT shape.

Keep in mind the height difference of the rodeo seats. I set a drivers side seat in my 80 dat 720 and my head was touching the head liner. I am also 6'2".

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I recently bought a sweet 81 720 regular cab 4x4 that needed new seats and wanted to post a word of caution for anyone considering the Isuzu Rodeo seat swap.  Yes the bolt right in but you have to be a really tiny person to consider this as an option.  I am 5'10" and not considered tall by any stretch but my head brushes the ceiling in the cab AND I need to practice a yoga maneuver just to get my legs under the steering wheel when I get in and out of the truck.  My seats came from a 2002 Rodeo I found at my local junkyard.  I'm glad I only paid ~$60 for the pair because I'm going to have to find another option.  I seriously have no idea why so many posts recommend this as a solution when it is anything but.  Hope this helps prevent someone from making the same mistake I did.

• Like 2

I know this is an old thread, but I recently bought a sweet 81 720 regular cab 4x4 that needed new seats and wanted to post a word of caution for anyone considering the Isuzu Rodeo seat swap.  Yes the bolt right in but you have to be a really tiny person to consider this as an option.  I am 5'10" and not considered tall by any stretch but my head brushes the ceiling in the cab AND I need to practice a yoga maneuver just to get my legs under the steering wheel when I get in and out of the truck.  My seats came from a 2002 Rodeo I found at my local junkyard.  I'm glad I only paid ~$60 for the pair because I'm going to have to find another option.  I seriously have no idea why so many posts recommend this as a solution when it is anything but.  Hope this helps prevent someone from making the same mistake I did.

Something must be different with your seats or maybe there isn't the same amount of leg room in a regular cab 720. I installed these seats in my KC 720 with a tilt wheel. These were fantastic. lots of leg room. They are a little taller than stock seats, but if you are around 6ft tall you'll be fine. Or you can just lean the seat back a bit and call it good. My guess is in a standard cab 720 the seats don't slide back as far as they do in a KC.

• Like 1

The later Datsun regular cabs were extended just a little bit more than the earlier models. I put some king cab buckets in my '84 and their 100x better than the ruined bench, but they really don't lean back far enough. If I didn't have such short legs I'd be in trouble, but I've got at least 4 inches of head room and I'm 5'7".

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Nissan Sentra work great, they bolt directly into holes already there. In the 720, there are two sets of holes, one for a bench seat, and one for buckets. I originally had a bench. Since Nissans in the early 80's were built in the USA, (at a GM facility I'm told,) I believe they took a lot of ideas from GM - like making sure all Nissans have swappable parts, even from different years.

Here's what a 720's floor looks like with the seats removed;

bucket_and_bench_fittings_by_igotoverit-

and here it is with the Nissan Sentra Seats (from an '83 Sentra)

untitled_by_igotoverit-d9p3t5m.jpg

• Like 1