baggin an 85

Mr.Dean_Yates

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Baggin a 720 gets tricky due to the so short upper control arms, you can only pretty much lay frame on nothing bigger than a 17, but your gonna end up almost bending your tension rods, and it will bind the ball joints pretty hard, best way i have found requires some pretty unique cuts, the lower bag mount needs to be reccessed into the lower control arm, as well as creating a pocket into the frame to place the bag as far in as you can, it will allow you to run a shorter upper bag mount, so you can get better lift, and the lower control arm mod helps get the drop, YOU WILL NEED DROP SPINDLES, unless you bag it on 14's but dont ever expect to upgrade tire and wheel size, I ran a hardbody clip on my 720, but i narrowed it three inches, but if you dont know what your doing, dont try it, Bags are simple enough to install, but do research first before you cut up your truck, 720s are a tricky tricky front clip, find pics, and get with friends that have bagged several rides, if you want, i have lots of bag parts, and will sell for a decent price, and lucky you, i have a a 4 link built specificly for a 720, and have 4 brand new bags, 12 gal tank, 8 1/2 valaves, drop , every thing except compressor and switchbox, lemme know,

Um ya, it will be a lil bit, its not on a vehicle anymore, its what i had on my 85 KC720 cut all tha goodies off before i scrapped it after it got totaled, got nailed in the door, its a bag on bar setup, i got 33in of lift to my rear bumper, it started as a suicide doors universal for link, I think the lower bars are 25in and the uppers are 27, or 28, even have a 2x3x1/4 crossmember i built for it, and enough axle tabs to attempt to put it on something,

you shouldnt have to worry about lowering it with the stock shocks still in it, you should be able to get plenty of drop just by letting out the torsion bars, they them big metal rods that are bolted to your lower control arm, follow em back towards your tranny crossmember, and you will find the two magic bolts you need to loosen, just be careful, they are double nutted on the top side in there, i think 17mms

you shouldnt have to worry about lowering it with the stock shocks still in it, you should be able to get plenty of drop just by letting out the torsion bars, they them big metal rods that are bolted to your lower control arm, follow em back towards your tranny crossmember, and you will find the two magic bolts you need to loosen, just be careful, they are double nutted on the top side in there, i think 17mms

okay so i can get a 2-3" drop that way? would i need to do anything about the shocks? go like dislexidime and do pinto shocks? its a daily driver so i dont wanna make it to where i cant drive it everyday.

• 2 weeks later...

This guy is laying rocker on 18s

http://www.infamousn...php?t=15289. This guys plans to lay out on 20s. Http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12855. And this guy, (crazy), plans to lay with 22s up front and 24s in rear http://www.infamousn...ad.php?t=13685I plan to lay out on 18s as well. It can be, just research. The fella is right, the front end is different. If you wanna do a quick static drop lowering blocks and torsion bars can get you that. Pretty straight forward and simple. If I can do this stuff, trust me, anyone can. Mine's bagged and needs to be triangulated up front to lay frame. But it will be done. Hope this helps. Need anything just ask. And my email is shortmorgan@yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...

here is my 1986 nissan 720 i didnt do the work but what dailydato said is pretty much accurate. its 4 linked in the back and has a custom setup in fron using a c10 upper bag bracket. the wheels are 17 inch escalade wheels.

framed only body drop is way to much.

64058_10151365128090037_756085036_23245901_388496222_n.jpg

full lift.

422512_10151365127960037_756085036_23245899_1552004717_n.jpg

422168_10151365127145037_756085036_23245890_1812409608_n.jpg

This guy is laying rocker on 18s

http://www.infamousn...php?t=15289. This guys plans to lay out on 20s. Http://www.infamousn...ad.php?t=12855. And this guy, (crazy), plans to lay with 22s up front and 24s in rear http://www.infamousn...ad.php?t=13685I plan to lay out on 18s as well. It can be, just research. The fella is right, the front end is different. If you wanna do a quick static drop lowering blocks and torsion bars can get you that. Pretty straight forward and simple. If I can do this stuff, trust me, anyone can. Mine's bagged and needs to be triangulated up front to lay frame. But it will be done. Hope this helps. Need anything just ask. And my email is shortmorgan@yahoo.com

the guy building the one on 20's the second link has a hell of a guy to do the metal work on it. bob grant is a god at sheetmetal. plus zac is bad ass too.