any one know anything about hondas?

well i am looking at buying a car for about 2 grand. cuz im selling my gas guzzling truck, and want this nice porsche gor 2k. but i am not going to get it,

I found this 91 civic hatch si, (my favorites), for 1000 obo. body is pretty straight, but rattlecanned, interior is decent he said. has a set of 17 inch rims with good tires for an extra 400 bux. also comes with a short throw shifter, some name brand i dont remember, and a password jdm shift boot. well i got him to go to 1000 for all of it. i finally asked if it was a stock motor and he said no. its been swapped to a d16y8 VTAKKK. but they never changed the ecu, so the vtek doesnt work. ... he didnt do the swap, he bought it this way.

is this an easy fix to wire it in, or get an ecu? or just something i should run away from, real fast lol

like always guys, any help is greatly appreciated and pics are a must as always, this is the car

m_44a0fdf62f9f2fe361f4589cbb7a6a9f.jpg

m_21bca1594d720a6b834ed4db343b80d2.jpg

m_a13c2a82a05321b53ae43a3e03949687.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My family used to buy hondas but it's so hard to find a nice low mile unmolested Honda for a decent price we gave up on honderps. Ricers have destroyed them for everyone but there are other options if you want a good gas mileage car but personally I would stay away from a engine swapped or similar Honda unless it was pristine and done right.

• Like 1

I know enough about hondas to tell you the Vtec hook up requires a vtec ecu, and two wires ran to the vtec solenoid........just depends on if it actually has a vtec motor or not, cause it could have just a d16 bottomend and the stock head, onlt way to know for sure is to pull the valve cover and look at the cams

this guy has only had the car a few months. doesnt know a whole lot about cars either. he bought it this way, drove it for a couple months, alt went out, now its sitting in his drive way. this guy did none of the work, i am trying to get in contact with the origiona owner right now to see whats been done. we have mutual friends, so i have heard of the guy who did the swap, and its always been good talk... but not so sure on this one

Consider that the seller got another car for a reason..You are asking for trouble with this one. You might get lucky and have it turn out to be a great car, but things sound too fishy.

And, besides the motor swap issues, i would bet lunch that it has suspension damage on the right front corner. That or the picture makes it look really bad. Look at the spacing between the tire and the bottom of the fender at the rear of the tire. Use your fingers as a guage to see if this distance is close to the same(should be) on the drivers side and passenger side.

• Like 1

They are called HONDA, ya know H.old O.n N.othing D.oes A.nything offer him 300 and haul it the scrap yard and make 450 out of it, i dont care for mod'd tuner cars, some but not alot, hondas being one of em......I say buy tha Porsche, How much easier would it be to pick up women, Hey wanna ride in my busted ass honda, or Have you ever ridden in a Porsche?

They are called HONDA, ya know H.old O.n N.othing D.oes A.nything offer him 300 and haul it the scrap yard and make 450 out of it, i dont care for mod'd tuner cars, some but not alot, hondas being one of em......I say buy tha Porsche, How much easier would it be to pick up women, Hey wanna ride in my busted ass honda, or Have you ever ridden in a Porsche?

There is wisdom there^

Fixing anyone's mess can be hard. Hooking up the proper parts probably is pretty easy. Look into how much the proper ecu and anything else you might need will cost. New electrical bits can be pricy and they are rarely returnable