72 Datsun 510 2 Door Project - East Coast Washington, DC Area $3250 OBO

Car is Sold

Edit: January 27, 2012

Little Miss Sunshine is on its her way to her new home in PA.

Little_Miss_Sunshine_on_her_way_home.jpg

Well I can't keep them all so here is another project that needs to be turned over to someone looking for a 510 project.

72_Yellow_2_door_for_Sale_001.JPG

Lots more pics here:

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3780

Ratsun is not allowing me to post enough pics in this thread so you can see this same ad with lots more pics on The 510 Realm here:

http://the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22877

This is Little Miss Sunshine. She was purchased new in Florida in June 1972. From what I can tell, it was owned by the original owner from new until 1986 and then the 2nd owner had the car from 1986 until 1995. Then the car was sold to a 510 guy in Virginia that had it until not too long ago. The car spent a lot of time just sitting waiting for someone to give her some love. Odometer reads 99,917 but I am not sure if it is original mileage or not. From the looks of the inside, it could be original mileage. The last owner tried to start on her and pulled the motor and transmission and then she sat in his garage until I rescued her.

She still has her original yellow paint job and although it is quite faded it is nicer to have a car where you can see what the body looks like then to have a primer'd or a painted car when you don't know what is hiding underneath.

(They are only original once)

She is pretty straight and all of the panels like up nicely. She does have some rust in the usual places that will need to be dealt with. The floors are in need of replacement. Someone cut out the bad areas on the front passenger side floorboard so it is open to the ground. I have a nice replacement patch panel for the passenger side front floor that comes with the car. They did leave the frame rail in place. The drivers side floor has some holes and so do the back floor areas. The exterior panels that need attention are the rear lower quarters (passenger side is worse then the drivers side) the passenger side rocker panel, a little on the drivers rocker and in the trunk. The bottoms of the front fenders are surprisingly not that bad. There is a little area under the battery on the inner fender well that needs attention too. There looks to be a lot of surface rust that is a deep rust color which makes the car look rustier then it is. Don't get me wrong, the car is rusty and it will need a good bit of repair but the surface rust spots just make it look worse.

The interior is complete and in good shape. The door panels and rear panels are nice with no holes but they have some fading. The seats are nice too. The back seat and the passenger seat show very little wear and the drivers seat has a few minor splits on the seams. The dash is complete with all the gauges, etc. and look to be in good shape but the pad does have a crack on it. The headliner does have some rips/holes in it. The sun visors and Z car day/night rear view mirror look to be in good shape too. It has the original Datsun Rubber floor mats for the front and the rear that are in good shape too.

She is riding on a nice clean set of what looks like Western Minilite 13" wheels that don't have any curb rash. They have a fairly new set of tires with excellent tread too.

The car rolls freely and will need to be towed or trailer'd for pickup.

As I said, there is no motor or transmission so this car is a perfect candidate for an engine swap. I do have several engine/trans. setups here that I am willing to work out a deal on with the buyer. I have 2 complete L20B engines and 5 speeds, and I have a nice KA24DE engine and 5 speed too. Engines are not included with the car but we can talk.

Car is located in Silver Spring, MD.

Asking $3250 or serious cash offers. May be willing to accept partial trades for NOS 510 parts or possibly other cars, motorcycles, Surround Sound Stereo, hot tub, billard table, guns, etc.

OK so here are some pics below.

Lots more pics here:

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3780

Ratsun is not allowing me to post enough pics in this thread so you can see this same ad with lots more pics on The 510 Realm here:

http://the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22877

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.