Tire smoke

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just wanna see what i can with it. i know i love the car too but still imagine a 710 drifting lol funny...well i know ima take it to traks and stuff and race for fun...it was just another werid idea

I say go for it!!!!!! I used to drift my stock 85 toyota 2wd pickup and had people walking around with giant question marks on their heads:lol::lol:

not to mention I am planning to drift my 620 KC :P

Keep in mind the availabilty of body panels. Are you going to be able to find a fender or 1/4 panel when you put it in a ditch? because you will.

But If it's just a beater, cut the springs and weld the diff. see how you like it, then save your pennies for a LSD and some coilovers

EDIT: Just read that you are 16 and still in High School. Be smart, be prepared. you will wreck yo shit

Keep in mind the availabilty of body panels. Are you going to be able to find a fender or 1/4 panel when you put it in a ditch? because you will.

But If it's just a beater, cut the springs and weld the diff. see how you like it, then save your pennies for a LSD and some coilovers

EDIT: Just read that you are 16 and still in High School. Be smart, be prepared. you will wreck yo shit

kiznook, my thoughts exactly. You have a 710, not a 510, so body panels are as rare as they can get. I have seen a handful of 710s while junkyarding. A lot rarer than my 610, for darned sure. And, your 710 is gorgeous, why do something like drift it?

I would say do it but be smart and not put your car in a position to get messed up. Like a large intersection or corner or parking lot with no traffic or at least traffic thats not going to come in contact if you screw up. If you practice and get good with it then do the closer risky stuff.

i wonder...what if i started drifting in my 74 710...hmmm what do u guys think:lol:

I would say do it but be smart and not put your car in a position to get messed up. Like a large intersection or corner or parking lot with no traffic or at least traffic thats not going to come in contact if you screw up. If you practice and get good with it then do the closer risky stuff.

REMEMBER... Skill only takes you so far.... And luck ALWAYS runs out!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not ruin this great little car.

kiznook, my thoughts exactly. You have a 710, not a 510, so body panels are as rare as they can get. I have seen a handful of 710s while junkyarding. A lot rarer than my 610, for darned sure. And, your 710 is gorgeous, why do something like drift it?

I was thinking more along the lines of; it's not a corolla or 240sx. I wouldn't recommend using a nice 510 for sliding either

yea i thought of that too soo i guess i shouldnt really but hell who says i cant do burnouts lol

There's always time for burnouts! And coming from a classic Datsun always gets smiles from those around you in the city.:)

like i said i still have the original one and it looks good and its in japanese and i like the fact that i cant read it!

Is it the famous "Elephant" oil cap? I have the same one. It's more nostalgic, but I do have others, just in case I decide to change it.