Ratsun Member's Motorcycles

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I could build that frame as long as you could come up with the rest of the goodies.

Next lump some of dinero and I might take you up on that Smoke. Dude build a harley flat track hard tail frame, you will be a vary happy man with more nut slap than you can handle. I wanna see this happen!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

At the prompting of forum member/friend, svo521, I'm starting a "shop thread" for my shop KG Industries. We are in Northern California...

I & svo521 will be posting the current projects, some ideas, and frankly some nonsense.

What's the point of a 20 plus grand Harley when my $1300 beater cbr600 can smoke it all day long, costs less to insure and register, and is much more fun to boot? I'm curious, no one ever answers that. No offense meant, I respect Harley rider's right to be wrong.

• Like 1

What's the point of a 20 plus grand Harley when my $1300 beater cbr600 can smoke it all day long, costs less to insure and register, and is much more fun to boot? I'm curious, no one ever answers that. No offense meant, I respect Harley rider's right to be wrong.

No offense taken... If u have to ask...I probly couldn't explain it to u!!! I've ride several fine examples of both and simply prefer the arm stretching power of a Harley.

The cost of this bike is not what u would think! I'm into it for bout $4,000 and by the time I get it finished it will spank a 600 anything...not top speed by any means...but in 1/4 mile!

Ever to to a bike show on a crotch rocket? Shunned like a witch in church! They croud around a one off custome chopper tho!

Also building a bronco for a customer. It's a 76 and here in lovely ca has to pass smog. Ended up dropping in a 93 mustang 5.0. I'm middle of wiring. Svo521 is making that magic happen. Painless chassis, efi looms a Dakota digital gauge system and loom as well as a vintage air loom and kit.

image_zps9dda4006.jpg

Funny thing about arm stretching power, in my experience the machine to be the hardest to stay on in straight line acceleration was...a fucking jetski!!??? My buddy had the last 2 stroke big bore Kawasaki made, a 3 cylinder 1100. It had a hump in the seat and foot braces to keep you on it but the damn thing would nearly tear your arms off.

my question is why spend 30k on a done up race bike that will max out at 200 mph, when you can buy a street legal Suzuki that will do 230mph for about 7k.

just asking.

old sportsters are cool,

71 husky 400 is fucking sick! Always wanted one.

• Like 1

The 400 is a sweet old bike, my dad's buddy had one. The 450 is easier to ride on trails and in the forest because the power curve is much smoother. I have a bultaco Persang 250 that's fucking unruly in tight trails, power hits like crazy. There's something special about those old axe murderer 2 strokes, they had personality that just isn't the same on the new stuff.

• Like 1