Bought my very First Dime ***Now with lots of OIC'S***

GreaseMonky

Well like the title says I bought my very first Dime yesterday, unfourtnatley I cant, for the life of me figure out how to post picks from my picasa account yet, and that and I dont have very many since I spent the day cleaning out the garage to make room for it next to my 610 2dr, but I am sure Banner will post some up for me soon.

Anyways its a 70 2dr and I bought it from five10 its got a cage, and what apear to be steel flairs molded on, adjustable LCA's, 510 struts w/coily's, but aftermarket brakes of some sort, weight Jacks, rear swaybar, adjustable camber and toe mod on the rear.

Stay tuned for my posts that will be coming up in the parts for sale section, there will be soem stuff from this coming up for sale or trade, since I won be allowed to run that stuff in the class I am racing.

By the way, i really need a steering gearbox, are there any that are better then others? Like less turns lock, to lock?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats.

Yes, the 510 gearboxes are the fast ratio ones. The swaps are usually slower ratio. A custom Rack&Pinion can be ordered from Flaming River with a faster ratio, but they have reduced travel (won't turn as far, making 3-point turns necessary).

Picasa is not very forum-friendly, but it's only one extra step

1. On Picasaweb, right click the photo, then click Properties

2. Copy the Address/URL part. Run you mouse all the way down to get the whole address.

3. Back here, in your post, click the Img button (picture.png), then Paste.

Congrats.

Yes, the 510 gearboxes are the fast ratio ones. The swaps are usually slower ratio. A custom Rack&Pinion can be ordered from Flaming River with a faster ratio, but they have reduced travel (won't turn as far, making 3-point turns necessary).

Picasa is not very forum-friendly, but it's only one extra step

1. On Picasaweb, right click the photo, then click Properties

2. Copy the Address/URL part. Run you mouse all the way down to get the whole address.

3. Back here, in your post, click the Img button (picture.png), then Paste.

I cant run a rack, unless its stock for year make and model, and I want the quick ratio, I believe my 610 is 3 turns lock to lock.

Thanks for the info, I will try and get some pics up soon then,

p.s. how ya been, not sure if you remeber me, or have put my user name and user name together yet

yea james, how's it going? Sound like you are getting back in the swing of all things Datsun.

3 turns lock to lock unfortunately doesn't tell anything about the ratio. Many racks with slower ratios are 2.5 turns lock to lock -- because the lock is farther in. I.e. a reduced turning circle makes for less lock-to-lock.

"Stay tuned for my posts that will be coming up in the parts for sale section, there will be soem stuff from this coming up for sale or trade, since I won be allowed to run that stuff in the class I am racing."

Wtf? <_<

2012-01-03193111.jpg

2012-01-03192949.jpg

2012-01-03193033.jpg

"Stay tuned for my posts that will be coming up in the parts for sale section, there will be soem stuff from this coming up for sale or trade, since I won be allowed to run that stuff in the class I am racing."

Wtf? dry.gif

wtf, wtf?

Just the car, from my understanding the sr was being shipped to there new location, I did end up with some of the sr stuff, but I am waiting to hear back on what they would like me to do with it, such as the ecu, harness, 3 intercoolers, some pulleys it looks like, a crossmember that Jeremy said looks like a, s12, set up for a rack??? not sure if i got that right or not.

OooWow greasemonkey! Thats a bad ass 510!

:ninja: Im realy glad you decided not to dirt track it too

On another note, I keep trying to +1 your pictures but it wont work! Theres not even the option to .... Oh.... right... I posted em all. :lol: :lol:

theres other photo sites that people use with ea

se.

Oh shit son you got it! +1

Edited by RedBanner

Wow greasemonkey! Thats a bad ass 510!

:ninja: Im realy glad you decided not to dirt track it too

On another note, I keep trying to +1 your pictures but it wont work! Theres not even the option to .... Oh.... right... I posted em all. :lol: :lol:

theres other photo sites that people use with ease.

HAHA I got it figured with picasa, take a look again, I finally posted my own pics yay!

Now that i know how, I need to go put some on my 610 thread as well

Hey, on that steering box, the 510 is NOT the quick ratio. Get a steering box out of a later 210, like '79. Same box, quicker ratio. Bolts right in.

And if you're interested in rack and pinion, there are tons of rack possibilities, just depends on how creative you are with swapping out ends and actual case lengths. I may try a Miata rack when I start that project in the 510. Or get a regular slow rack and run a steering quickener. I'd rather find a good small rack though.

I..want...mower! Oics! please....

You asked for it!!

Since it wasnt raining I rolled it outta the garage today and washed it, and took some pics, and here is some more from the night we got it that I took with my camera instead of my phone.

100_0741.JPG

100_0742.JPG

100_0743.JPG

100_0744.JPG

100_0745.JPG

100_0746.JPG

100_0747.JPG

100_0748.JPG