Duncan's 71 "Oz" Goon

Duncan

I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, but I haven't forgotten your belt moldings.  Still waiting to get my doors on the car first, but soon.

Ummm, I think I have a box of belt mouldings that I thought came from you but maybe I got them through Datrod or possibly Tanker via Ebay. Either way, I am

going to look at a 4 door on Friday so I am still up for a set.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the kind words.  THAT was very frustrating, and the one of most difficult things I've done on this car.  Since the bows were moved, some of the seams ended up where they shouldn't quite be, so there is a very small level of not-so-great areas, but the few people that have seen it in the shop say I'm picking nits.  So I'm saying close enough. 

Mark are you going to put the dome light back in. And what are you doing with the rear plastic cover for the hatch hinges?

Yes, the dome light is going back in.  I'm just taking a workday or two away from headliner work.  The rear cover is also going back in after a fresh coat of paint.  It got fairly funky up in my garage over the last couple of years.  If the vintage white color on it looks familiar, it was the same paint I used on the Sunny. 

I have also made a couple of trim pieces for the interior that will be slightly different from what the factory did.  There was an appointment or two they did from the factory that I didn't particularly care for, so I'm making some subtle changes.  Nothing crazy, though..

• Like 1

Yep, the Keeper recommended the Pathfinder mirror.  After two days or tearing into every box and bag of parts I have for the wagon, I just went out to grab a tape measure, and there was the glove box lock in my toolbox.  The upside is I found some other small piddly stuff I hadn't seen in a while, and that was a bit of a relief.

I think someone just posted up that Maxima rear views work

• Like 2

Try this trick: If you are looking for a part that you know that you have and having no luck,  start looking for something completely different.......the part you were originally looking for will pop up in about

5 to 10 minutes.  Happens to me all the time.

Then I forget what the second thing was I was looking for.

• Like 2

Kelly, I hear ya on that one.  My version of that is to do an exhaustive search first, locate and buy a new part.  As soon as the part is delivered, the old one will be found. 

I located the mirror yesterday.  Like everything else in the car, it was spray painted gray with WAY too much paint.  The glass on it is in very bad shape, and it just looked like crap.   I did some searching on Ratsun and talked to The Keeper (Thanks again, James) and will be hitting the wreckers for a Pathfinder or Maxima mirror that will apparently bolt right on.  

I need to walk a bit (per my cardiologist) and we have a few multi-acre yards here.  It's enjoyable to me to walk the yards and call it exercise.  :thumbup:

I mentioned earlier I was going to do something with the B pillar on my wagon.  I *think* the factory covered the upper part of the pillar with the headliner material.  I honestly have only looked at that detail on one wagon, and this is what was done.  Seeing that there was no panel or anything else covering mine, I went ahead and made an aluminum strip for the top of the pillar, and I upholstered the upper and lower pieces with the same pebble grain stuff I used on the kick panels.  

I'm hoping they look nice on the wagon..

bpil1.jpg

bpil2.jpg

• Like 1

My wagon was upholstered with headliner on the b pillars, for what it's worth.

I like what you've done. I've been contemplating other options and I'm interested in yours. What do you plan to attach them with?