Duncan's 71 "Oz" Goon

Duncan

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found the part numbers and one of the Nissan parts suppliers had them listed on their webpage.  I fired off an email checking availability.  I'll see what they say.  I've found stuff before only to get bad news on availability..

You can actually get new front ones from Nissan I think? Bought a pair about 6 months ago for around $85...

They make aftermarket replacements now for around $25 each, too. 

I have quite a few part different numbers for them, so I may have to go fishing a bit.  I'll let you know if/what I come up with.  Thanks!

Yo Datrod! 

Freddie was just over last night, and I showed him this photo.  At one time, this hood belonged to him.  The cheapie paint was so bad, he swapped this one out for a carbon fiber hood.  When he sold the wagon, this hood went with it.  Somehow, it found it's way to me.  

You called it a while back, and we had a good laugh over this :thumbup:  

hood.jpg

• Like 2

I know they're not everyone's cup of tea, but I like the painted handles.  Here's the test one I did just now.

drhan.jpg 

I'll see what it looks like when I assemble the door.  It appears the front handles are still available, but not the rears.  Seems the reason is they are the same as the 240z.

This also showed up today:

randp.jpg

NOS ring and pinion for the Sunny.  I found a local guy that used to build these, and he's from Australia.  It's going in the shop on Monday, and the Sunny will be for sale right after that. 

• Like 3

Got one assembled and mostly done.  (Have I mentioned I don't like working on doors?)

doordone.jpg

I like the painted handles.  IMHO, they look better with shiny paint than with shitty chrome.  I may change them out in the future.  For now, I'm painting them and moving ahead.

drpanel.jpg

Nope,  no watermelons here.  I just laid this on there just to see how it looked.  I have some really great vinyl dye, and these will be black when they go on for good.

AND, I'm laughing at myself here, BUT....

trimstrp.jpg

I painted these door panel trim/mounting pieces quite a while back, and all I had was a large spray gun.  As a result, I was a little gun shy and afraid of runs, so these came out much more orange-peeled than I remember.   These didn't look too good against the doors, so I scuffed them up and will re-paint them :)

• Like 1

They are actually a deep red.  I think I gave you a couple of brown door panels, didn't I?  Brown and blue doesn't make my naughty parts tingly...

Why black that brown looks good from this angle. And no watermelons here, that would look like shit Mark.

• Like 1

Your eyes are fine.  Color isn't reproduced the best on my phone inside the garage, and I can see where they look brown.  Those panels are from a '68 wagon and I suspect they may have faded a bit since '68.  

They look brown in the pic and yes you gave me brown panels Mark thank you very much again since you are reminding me. If that is deep red then i need my eyes checked but it looks nice and clean, But black it is, thats nice also. :thumbup:

• Like 2

I have black or the matching color.  Silver is okay, but

(1) I don't have any silver and don't particularly want to use spray paint, 

(2) Most everyone has silver :)

Why not just paint them silver like the factory did?   ^_^

• Like 1