Sightings

The local car show only had one Datsun in it, Greg's 240. I was hoping the 520 with the V8 would be there so I could get a look at it without spinning my head as it drives by but no luck. I got a chance to chat with Greg and I learned that because of health issues, he's thinking he would like to sell it to someone in Canada with a garage to store it. I find it kind of sad that after all the years he's had it and all the love and work he's put into it, he can't really drive it anymore. Many of us may face this fate. Oh the the car next to it is one my wife really likes, a 63 Stingray with split window and barbecue grills on the hood.

O2HwoER.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2015 at 4:30 PM, laotsu said:

Spotted O.D.D. @ Costco in SLO today. He lives in Morro Bay so I suspect he works there. He usually has it under a car cover on the side of his house.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad12/lukecypress/IMG_20150404_145418324_zpsso2p33wz.jpg

this seat looks super uncomfortable

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad12/lukecypress/IMG_20150404_145407212_zps40cizj2g.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad12/lukecypress/IMG_20150404_145355637_zpsbj5yyjod.jpg

no fuel door, gas cap, or filler neck so I suspect a fuel cell in the trunk.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad12/lukecypress/IMG_20150404_145342905_zpsy8prvdwa.jpg 

looked like an L series when I stuck my head underneath

Lol.... years later i randomly see this post.... yes, I work there, no... the seat is actually fantastic... if you fit... Its a kirkey racing circle track seat...Ive never felt so connected to a car. No, its not a fuel cell, just had a  relocated filler neck in the trunk at the time. Yes It has a reasonably built L20b that had SUz and now has mikunis.

20220715_110657.jpg

• Like 2
7 hours ago, O.D.D. said:

the seat is actually fantastic... if you fit... Its a kirkey racing circle track seat...

A lot of their seats come in different widths too. 👍

7 hours ago, O.D.D. said:

Ive never felt so connected to a car. 

You never realize just how much energy/effort is wasted trying to keep yourself upright in the seat, until you have a seat like this. 👌

• Like 1
On 9/5/2023 at 4:12 PM, Jskinny said:

Green 510 in Arlington

ianlMaq.png

Not good to tow for more than 30-50 miles like this with the drive shaft connected. The main shaft is spinning but the counter shaft below it is not. The counter shaft is what splashes oil on the bearings.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, angliagt said:

By CA law,it has to be illuminated.

Apparently, it's every state in the US. Thanks, I learned something new today. 😋

But the general consensus seems to be seldom is anyone cited for it, but you will likely be pulled over for a fishing expedition using this as an excuse.

Similar thing here with running no front plate. They will use it as an excuse to stop you, but seldom cite you for it. 

Edited by datsunfreak

I got a ticket for no front plate.I passed by a VA State trooper (twice),

next thing I knew he pulled me over.I don't think there was much traffic there,

so he had lots of time on his hands.

The ticket was $25,court costs $50,& the "processing fee" was $25.

He also let me know that cars with "Antique" plates here in are supposed to

have a front one also.

41 minutes ago, angliagt said:

I got a ticket for no front plate.I passed by a VA State trooper (twice),

next thing I knew he pulled me over.I don't think there was much traffic there,

so he had lots of time on his hands.

The ticket was $25,court costs $50,& the "processing fee" was $25.

He also let me know that cars with "Antique" plates here in are supposed to

have a front one also.

A little over half the states require a front plate. I got a ticket for not having mine on. Drove around for years without it in San Bernardino. Moved to LA and BOOM; got a ticket. It was more of a fix it ticket though so all I had to do was put the plate on and head over to the police station for them to see. Only cost $10. They didn't even bother going out to look.

On 12/29/2023 at 7:10 PM, angliagt said:

I got a ticket for no front plate.... He also let me know that cars with "Antique" plates here in are supposed to have a front one also.

FWIW here in Texas, they only give you one antique plate, so that's the only way around not having a front one on your car. 

On antique registration you can opt out of the new state issued plate and run the old school "year specific" plates (like this), but then you have to run both. 

I ran the antique on back and a Japanese plate on the front. Oddly, never got stopped...  😄

large.1044790419_IMG_20190106_212454_105

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...