Drag Wag.

Filthy_

What sort of oven and powder coating system are you using?

Ummm, I'm pretty sure it's just a normal setup, I'm not really aware of any different kinds of powdercoating systems. We have a suction booth, and a grounded hook, I know I can shock the shit out of myself with it.

The oven is a ghetto fab made from two conventional ovens, just barely big enough to 1 wheel at a time, and small parts.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha, well wasnt sure if you were using a personal one like the harbor freight or eastwood models, or something a bit more pro like.

Oven, that seems to be run of the mill.

I have ideas for making my own oven. Trying to figure out how to come over the problem of not having 220V...

my wagon i miss it soooo much great thread. i wish you moved to mexico or canada so i never seen it again lol not really im glad you got it and love as much as i still do good luck with build and hope to see it live again. and maybe drive it? just dreaming

Gorgeous build overall. I'm loving the playboy engine bay with the rattle can BRE. I'm a little jealous of the price you picked it up for too. :)

Laecaon - Go check out the powdercoating forum over at Caswell Plating. They have an entire sub forum dedicated to custom oven building. If what you want/need to do is feasible, those guys can help you make it happen.

Gorgeous build overall. I'm loving the playboy engine bay with the rattle can BRE. I'm a little jealous of the price you picked it up for too. :)

Laecaon - Go check out the powdercoating forum over at Caswell Plating. They have an entire sub forum dedicated to custom oven building. If what you want/need to do is feasible, those guys can help you make it happen.

Thank you.

So I got my grubby little hands on some wheels today.

60d47991.jpg

15x8 0 front

and 15x10 -50 rear.

My friend that I purchased them from told me that they are old BBS wheels, I don't have any reason to not trust the guy so I THINK they are BBS e68's. I can't believe these things just fell into my lap.

Measured out the track width with the rears to get a solid narrowing measurement, hoping to get this thing dropped off sometime this week to get narrowed while I finish up the front end.

d674455b.jpg

6590e85b.jpg

I thought this was cool to look at.

35da7757.jpg

front fitment.

23133cbe.jpg

Nice picture of my finished product coilovers.

1031601b.jpg

the goods.

e7ee2630.jpg

started doing this crap, gonna be a few days of this shit, update when I get the axle back i guess.

• Like 1

Came up on a Greddy oil pan.

76c993de.jpg

Basically finished with the majority of the fender area and engine bay. I figured I could salvage most of the pron and it would be ok, I'm going to lay down a layer of clear over everything once I finish posting up more babes.

2838853a.jpg

My buddies Bday cake from last night, thought it was pretty fucking nice. I threw up at like 10:30.

bc90813e.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure how I feel about spaghetti anymore...When I first scrolled to that pic I was like "Hey, noodles are awesome!" then I saw the ron jeremy-esque dude covered in them, and the length of sausage on the tub, and I just felt dirty...but still a little hungry. That definately should go in the engine bay, complete and untouched. :)

Not sure how I feel about spaghetti anymore...When I first scrolled to that pic I was like "Hey, noodles are awesome!" then I saw the ron jeremy-esque dude covered in them, and the length of sausage on the tub, and I just felt dirty...but still a little hungry. That definately should go in the engine bay, complete and untouched. :)

Yea man, check out that water...

3ff7646a.jpg

140f2469.jpg

Installed some stoppers of rocker arms, and removed some broken studs, one in the block, and one in the manifold.

Does anybody have a blown SR laying around they want to sell some parts off of?

I need: exhaust manifold studs (into block), and the turbo flange studs (into manifold). Also Need a Throttle body.

Also, thanks to PL510sss I have the lower control arm bolts on the way, Which means my front end is going back together permanently very soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Been super busy without a lot of time to spend on the project between work and heavy drinking...

bde4d2c8.jpg

Clearcoated the engine bay.

36e80219.jpg

pieced the front end together, minus the brakes and steering shit. Undercoated.

6b01be1c.jpg

bought another dime.

ba5fec06.jpg

went snowboarding in Canada.

f122e790.jpg

getting shoulder surgery.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey! not really any huge updates yet because of the shoulder, but i finally got back in the shop and tried to remember what i was doing. My "friend" is going to kick me out of our shop next month so I'm crunching to find a place to go. I sold my drift car to finish the wagon and travel a little bit with my girlfriend, so I finally am just now starting to order parts (mad dat steering brace and a wiring specialties wiring harness). I picked up another Wagon as a daily, I turned the sedan into a parts car because I'm too lazy to get a title for it... but then i slammed it and burned all of the paint off with a ditch burner and I kinda really like it again.

I'm trying to figure out a solid choice to rewire the chassis, has anybody dealt with painless? I'm thinking about just ordering a 12 circuit for a muscle car and making it work... but i'm unsure.

I got my hands on a perfect disco potato and an exedy hypersingle also, both for under 800 bucks. Since i sold my fast car i've decided to put this thing up over 300 hp, Probably just going to go with a map-ecu and do some simple performance upgrades besides the turbo. Mckinney sells a perfect Intercooler and radiator setup that fits beneath the factory grill, def going to send an order there way once i figure out my manifold situation.

Still no word on the rear end, this guy is really fucking me, I've been itching to build the 4-link.

I haven't ironed out the drag link either, does anybody know how hard it is to modify? or is there a solid place besides mad-dat that sells them/makes them?

here's some pics from the past few months I guess!

thanks for any help, and thanks for reading, hopefully update more soon.

0120efa2.jpg

New Wag

ce0468e1.jpg

I dunno man...

a308ac87.jpg

set it on the bump stops.

ad4e3d3c.jpg

some goodies on the coffee table.

a7a9c1c2.jpg

sold this :(.

3e6e9c3f.jpg

wagon time!

i like the wagon start... still waiting on a update....um even with out a title thats one of the most disturbing things on film.... i thought it was embarassing to admit i scrapped a 2 door bubble flair car....burn melting i/e ruining seals and sheet metal was dumb.... that torch has melted cast aluminum at our shop....even as just parts, even rusty or not, they still have value...now there just warped....

I think you should probably see the car in person before you get your Datsun loving feelings hurt, I didn't ruin anything. All of the rubber seals are/were trashed, none of the body panels were straight, there isn't a floor in the car. The hood and trunk are garbage, there's no floor in the trunk, I'm not really sure how you can ruin window glass but...whatever you say. Furthermore, I didn't just set the thing on fire, I went over it slowly and burned off all of the paint (what was left from a crap Maaco job probably 8 years back, it really didn't take a whole lot). I removed all of the wiring, lights, and trim before torching, if that matters.

I thought this place was called Ratsun... I bought the car for 800 bucks and I'm pretty sure I think it looks awesome, and I obviously don't really care either way, sorry.

Ordered: exhaust mani, turbo coolant and oil lines, fuel pump, engine wiring harness, radiator, and intercooler. Got ahold of the jackass with the rear end and he promises me he can do it... we'll see.

• Like 1

if its all that then why did u buy it.... my datsun feelings arent hurt just the pic of u with your shirt off burning a dime would probably get u burned on a stake on some datsun sites .... luckily we just know your young and dumb.....and if u bought it for 800 ....even more why would u burn it if u have no title or no ability to do anything with such junk....seems like if you wanted u coulda took a bic to your 800 actual dollars and really inpressed us with stupidity.... yeah a real baller would show a pic of 8 100 dollar bills burning....while your shirts off...

im just saying how did u think posting that pic would get recieved on a datsun site...i just went over to fox news site.....its not like there burning there script...