Drag Wag.

Filthy_

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeeze, I've seen and heard stories of Primadonna Leader Guru Datsun Junkies right here on Ratsun cutting/chopping up perfectly good

re-storable 510's and Datsuns like they were a dime a dozen. (pun intended)

So, let me get this straight, if you are a "Leader" here it is eccentrically ok to butcher a Datsun but if not, your just a shirtless young and dumb asshole....

I swear, the hypocrisy here is blinding!

This is RATSUN, get off his case. You don't need to be a Dato Veteran to experiment with a Datsun! If anything, he is ahead of the curve!

(Ok, this is where the comments fly) LOL

• Like 4

Jeeze, I've seen and heard stories of Leader Datsun Guru Junkies right here on Ratsun cutting/chopping up perfectly good

restorable 510's and Datsuns like they were a dime a dozen. (pun intended)

So, let me get this straight, if you are a leader here it is eccentrically ok to bucher one but if not, your just a shirtless young and dumb asshole....

I swear, the hypocrisy here is blinding!

This is RATSUN dude, get off his case. You don't need to be a veteran to experiment with a Datsun! If anything, he is ahead of the curve!

(Ok, this is where the comments fly) LOL

ironic

man i honestly love the torched look! :thumbup: i mean fuck, if you and some 2012 camaro passes somebody at the same time. id put all my money down that they'd be looking at you. and when it comes to cars, the only way to look good, is to look original. i give you an a+ for trying something new, and another for having the balls to torch your dime. idk if youre stupid, f'ing retarded, or a genius, but you gave it a nice lookin patina and made it yours, and that's all that matters. :D

• Like 4

reminds me of the trustafarians here in washington....shop all the thrift stores for the tightest rattiest shit, get the worst 82 volvo wagon and pay for it all on a amex with a zip code some where in the 0-10k... i persoanlly dont care what u do, but if i drove by and seen a guy washing a new camaro, then the next house i see u with a weed burning torch to your car... yeah i will remember u ... but it will be wtf is that idiot doing to any car, not just a 510....just wtf in general...but i get the same treatment for my bagged trucks...i get wtf did u do that for(waste a good truck even though bagged i can out tow most all leaf sprung vehicles or at least rid smotther doing it...) ...and its to be different...so u hit the nail on the head .. this is different...my point was your lucky this aint the realm ... they might create a fake event to draw u in then get u the wrong kinda stoned....

here u get 50 wtf's and 50 wow that's cool....so that's what makes ratsun great.... if you wanna boso your car with spray foam and some pvc for exhaust u can....if u wanna torch your shit u can, if you wanna paint your shit electron blue, u can, if u wanna start a build thread and never accomplish anything , i can...if u wanna lie about cars u don't own u (jalen) can, if u wanna start a thread about a inaniment object then fill it with random pics of oil cans wrenched and guys grinding metal while on there cell phone....u can, errr canadians can.........and we are all welcome here at ratsun...

now will u get the fuck back on the goon so i can see your rear end shit,...... and while your at it what the f!ck is the new goon.... more pics and more info...

ps from the original pic that bamboo nickle dime looked pretty sweet then all of the sudden next pic looked like a alcohol bender and a ex wifes car scene from the internet... it was shocking...not for me but shocking...ps dont lean on it now soot doesnt come out...hahahhah :rofl:

• Like 2

This is what happens hen you have more than one 510 lol.

I for one think your an inovater, either for 510 builds, or for the "bring back the neg rep button" movement.

Either way , its just a 510, if you can afford it fuck it. There getting cut up every day all across america.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, I also found someone more reliable and professional to narrow my rear end for me, so hopefully i'll get into that rear suspension soon.

Nice ! Post many pictures of that. Are you going to run 5-lug or re-drill for 4-lug ?

What did the 8.8 come from ?

I've been eyeing this thread hehe

Nice ! Post many pictures of that. Are you going to run 5-lug or re-drill for 4-lug ?

What did the 8.8 come from ?

I've been eyeing this thread hehe

Ford exploder. 31 spline axles, LSD and disc brakes. Custom made axles, 4 lug. Also eliminating the c-clips when it gets narrowed. I spoke to them yesterday and they said it'd be finished in about 3 weeks. I already sourced a place locally to purchase all of the laser cut steel to build the mounts, and a local rock crawler place is going to make the links for me. I can't wait to get this thing rolling.

Also ordered a maddat box brace, and i'm shipping my center link off to get bent on monday.

I made it into a commercial that my buddy made for some website too. No idea wtf it's for but my car is in there :P.

https://huami.me/

Ford exploder. 31 spline axles, LSD and disc brakes. Custom made axles, 4 lug. Also eliminating the c-clips when it gets narrowed. I spoke to them yesterday and they said it'd be finished in about 3 weeks. I already sourced a place locally to purchase all of the laser cut steel to build the mounts, and a local rock crawler place is going to make the links for me. I can't wait to get this thing rolling.

Also ordered a maddat box brace, and i'm shipping my center link off to get bent on monday.

I made it into a commercial that my buddy made for some website too. No idea wtf it's for but my car is in there :P.

https://huami.me/

Very cool ! Stronger 8.8 and lower ratio. Sounds like you got hooked on parts and sources. C-clip elimnator's is a great move.

You can order etra shit from Jeg's/Summit racing/Speedway racing. brackets are likely to be thinner on the cheap end lol.

Tri-angulated or paralell 4-link ? :)

I don't know what articulation you will need , or exactly your joints look like/type ( mine are heim's joints ) ... but if running heim's joints you can run machined aluminum spacers from 1/4" 3/8" 1/2" 3/4" on each side of the heim's joint between the plates/brackets ... for more articulation or just less chance of binding at any rate. Probably/Possibly not needed if your running the brackets narrow enough to begin with ( depending on the joint ). My 31-spline 8.8" 4-link brackets are narrow (close to the pumpkin) and running stiff suspension in general ... so I don't need much articulation. I just like the idea of not binding lol.

congrats on the commercial .. whatever it may be :lol:

• Like 1

@DTP I'm leaning towards the triangulated. That's awesome that you've already done the swap, I'll have to seek out some pictures of how you did it, pm sent.

5B94A10D-122E-46BC-90A0-749CD62B036D-6449-000001F5DAE551C8.jpg

6FE49B5A-FCA8-41E5-8F91-DA50369ED6E6-261-0000000E1B7244E4.jpg

The wheels are actually BBS. 15x10 -50 (as measured by the previous owner) those are un confirmed but they're a bit dishy. Actually I'm building the rear end out just for those wheels, It wasn't part of the original plan but fuck, it's not everyday that wheels like that just fall out of the sky.

here's another shot of that Fiat, the only other pic that I have.

24BB478C-B091-4D17-85A3-9FC01DCCF70B-6449-000001F69226DBC7.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Why did you go with MacPherson struts over double A-arms? Along with the crossmember, is that some kind of kit you by for a 510 or is all of that custom made? It seems like with the amount of fab put into this dime you could have taken it just a step further instead of dealing with mid-corner varying camber angles. /handling_weenie