My new 1200 ( more pics page 3 )

Yellow_Feva

Went to c the car today and couldn't pass this sweet deal.

Car has absolutely no rust, still on factory paint.

Will post more pics tomorrow when I finish detailing the car and more info on the car as I go.

Mynewbaby.jpg

Getting her detailed today.

2011-12-23131203.jpg

2011-12-23131219.jpg

Checking all brakes and suspension components.

2011-12-23150635.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure on the price but normal 1200s sell between 2500 and 5 K usually if they show up in the North east. And those are usually molested.

This is a new variant to me. Is the only difference that it has a stock 5-speed and a different grill/badge?

Lookin forward to pics!

Not sure on the price but normal 1200s sell between 2500 and 5 K usually if they show up in the North east. And those are usually molested.

This is a new variant to me. Is the only difference that it has a stock 5-speed and a different grill/badge?

Lookin forward to pics!

The 1200 has the stock engine running perfectly all the interiors are there with no crack, the front seats are RX7 seats tho, but he is giving me the stock seats also.

Ill post some pics tomorrow when I buy it.

4-5K up here I'd imagine, a lot of times folks start rare imports in excellent shape at 7K. But I am talking out of my butt because they almost never show up here like that so I have little to compare it to? If it is as nice as it sounds I'd think anything under 4K is a good. If the guy put that much work into it he might know what it is worth.

There is a nice looking one in Atlanta that says 'needs work' for $2800 to give an idea.

Do a search on google that says "site:craigslist.org datsun 1200" and a bunch will pop up around the country.

how much would a 72 in great condition with original paint that still shines and no rust go for?

$2000 to $5000. Lift up the corners of the carpet to see the rust.

The GX5 was RHD only.

It has these unique items (over and above the myriad GX package items):

* GX-5 grille badge

* Tape Stripe on side

* F5C56 transmission (non-overdrive)

* 5-speed dogleg shift knob (wood)

* Highback front bucket seats with cloth inserts

• Like 1

$2000 to $5000. Lift up the corners of the carpet to see the rust.

The GX5 was RHD only.

It has these unique items (over and above the myriad GX package items):

* GX-5 grille badge

* Tape Stripe on side

* F5C56 transmission (non-overdrive)

* 5-speed dogleg shift knob (wood)

* Highback front bucket seats with cloth inserts

Thank you sir, will check all these.

Got her back on track today with a brake, tranny and coolant flush also a oil change and a good interior detail.

1) Future plans include new upholstered door cards, head panel and rear seat's (black),also some new front corbeau seats.

2) Paint on car still looks ok but feels like sand so I plan to fix a couple of dings and give it a good paint job

3) Within a year a 13B-REW single turbo with a RX7 5 speed and a RX7 rear end.

I would like to find the previous owner cause the car came from Cali 4 years ago and has a lot of upgrades and I really wanna figure them out.

So sweet! i am a little bummed that you are going with a mazda powerplant, (We were talking just yesterday how few are found with Nissan running gear, let alone a stock engine. Especially where I am. But it is your ride, make it your dream car. I will still love it. It is certainly going to be beautiful any way you slice it. Congrats!

So sweet! i am a little bummed that you are going with a mazda powerplant, (We were talking just yesterday how few are found with Nissan running gear, let alone a stock engine. Especially where I am. But it is your ride, make it your dream car. I will still love it. It is certainly going to be beautiful any way you slice it. Congrats!

The Rotary is in my blood man im from PR don't blame me :rolleyes:, I actually like the stock engine and would really like to keep the stock engine and not chop it up at all but I really want to find info on the car like what engine is it running now cause last I heard it was a 17 something, it also has a 5 speed tranny and stock is suppose to be a 4 gear so I am trying to figure it out.

Any info on these engines like codes or how to tell one from the other would be great, Im totally new to Datsun's and Nissan's