Plasti-dip

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I had the datsun I sprayed the hood of my 91 caprice with plasti dip after getting it back together, for cheap, from a front end collision. I was like alot of people on many different forums, very curious. However, I was not willing to take the plunge on my $1000 wheels. I had the opportunity to save some money and use this after the accident and was thoroughly impressed with the finish and durability considering I only used one can (about 1 1/2 ish coats) and didnt do any kind of sanding or correcting afterwards. As well as it being like 2 in the morning in an outdoor carport....... in November.

OICS

before:

dsc01156b.jpg

practiced on the grill first.

imag0162x.jpg

after:

img0341ch.jpg

img0335dp.jpg

img0340rf.jpg

img0333aw.jpg

I also took this opportunity to post pictures of my old car because I miss her sad.gif

EDIT:: also I remember when I was looking into doing this I couldnt find ANY D.I.Y. results so I figured this could help some people with a decision.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the rattle cans of Plasti-Dip. I sprayed the inside of my 240z's front fenders with it. I have no idea how long it will last, but I think it will protect the metal pretty good.

I also sprayed the trim around my Ranger's bed with it because I kept getting fiberglass needles in my arms. No more needles, and it's not peeling off yet. Did this about 6 months ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I love plasti dip however I wish I could track down a sprayer and some gallons (not for sale in CA). :(

Been using the spray cans. Gunmetal Grey is impressive.

8088704873_22375eda6b_b.jpg

I really don't like my fake rims and the dipping was a little rushed so it is runny and I'm entirely not satisfied yet with the outcome.

I want to try a plaid orange and blue scheme if I can find a plastidip sprayer and some gallons.

• 3 weeks later...