Plasti-dip

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plasti-Dips been around for a bit ! interesting proposal

No I have not painted my wheels with it ,,, used on some tools ,,, and other things ,,,

I don't think I would dip/brush/apply wheels in it ,,, considering all of the gravel , rocks , temperature changes , possible UV effects ? (IDK ?) ,,,

But again , I have never tried it !

Best Luck !

Plasti-Dips been around for a bit ! interesting proposal

No I have not painted my wheels with it ,,, used on some tools ,,, and other things ,,,

I don't think I would dip/brush/apply wheels in it ,,, considering all of the gravel , rocks , temperature changes , possible UV effects ? (IDK ?) ,,,

But again , I have never tried it !

Best Luck !

Watch the videos about applying it, and then removing it. I would at least try it on some spare wheels.

Watch the videos about applying it, and then removing it. I would at least try it on some spare wheels.

watched just naow,,, :)spare tires to try ! sure !

Doing it. Don't know when but hopefully soon. Still need to watch the vids when I get home. Should I do it before I get my tires on? Or after?

I've mounted and dismounted Semi , Car , and Truck Tires all ,,, day ,,, long ,,, years ago ,,, on old machines I would say "after" ,,, but these newer tire machines are probably less harsh by far ! If it were me ,,, i would do it after ,,, considering the tire mount and dismount ,,, as well as "care' of your wheel ,,, is held up to whether the person mounting/dismounting your tires "really cares" ,,, just a thought :) ( normally I would say apply before )

fucking gravel they put on the roads here. At least it's not salt.

Ooooooh you didn't knoooooow? They've been salting the roads here, man. You ever notice the dark lines on the road that run lengthwise along the road, mainly on bridges or around corners? Been doing it since last year or the year before.

And so it begins..

Ooooooh you didn't knoooooow? They've been salting the roads here, man. You ever notice the dark lines on the road that run lengthwise along the road, mainly on bridges or around corners? Been doing it since last year or the year before.

And so it begins..

That is not salt.

It is magnesium Chloride.

ODOT expressly says it doesnt use salt.

http://www.tripcheck.com/Pages/RCMap.asp?mainNav=RoadConditions&staticNav=WinRoadMain

idk about where you guys are but here in the LaPine/ bend area they use lava rock i think the plastic dip would be nice for winter wheels might have to grab some for my subaru wheels

They do that in the more mountainous areas. and out east. In the valley, not so much.

That is not salt.

It is magnesium Chloride.

ODOT expressly says it doesnt use salt.

http://www.tripcheck.com/Pages/RCMap.asp?mainNav=RoadConditions&staticNav=WinRoadMain

les schwab hates this ... eats chrome off in one year i love it most wheels need to be repowdercoated .... plasti dip is not uv stable... but donmt listen to me i just want u to powdercoat your wheels so i can do it for u