• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it needs a blanky? 

linus_blanket.jpg

hahahahahahaha

That's not a good thing considering where you live, it gets really cold there in the winter.

How is that issue normally taken care of in the stock situation?

well, a KA never came with a carb, so its gonna have to be a home made solution. the L or even Z engines had the intake with coolant ports that heated them. the KA intake was never intended to have the carb, and so we reach my dilemma. 

ive wanted to do an aluminum plate with channels through it that the carb could sit on. it would use the line for the heater to warm the carb up. 

something to this effect..

20150116_140822_HDR_zpsknk0nbk0.jpg

its just when its soggy out. the majority of the time here its just the dry cold, so it doesnt happen.

• Like 3

yeah.. it would help a bunch. 

add it to the list.... lol

i kinda need to just rebuild the whole adapter system. 

the plate i made works, but it was intended to have the 3236 on it. so the carb is offset to the primary side. the 38 still works, but its offset now too. 

i want to built something like this.. it would bolt to the KA intake, and the weber would bolt to it. 

20150116_144536_HDR_zps2efx0qur.jpg

if i could incorporate some tubing into that on the outside face that freezes, it should be good.. 

we'll see... 

• Like 2

I have a KA exhaust manifold and it has a heat shield on it. Wouldn't take much to connect a stove pipe from it to the carb. You would need a stock style air filter for it to connect to, but the carb would be running on warmed air in about 2 min of running.  Good bye carb icing.

• Like 1

Move to Phoenix that will eliminate any icing problem!  LOL

funny you say that... ive had this want to move to yuma... i like the desert..

so i had to tear the weber apart last night... on the way to and from work, even after it was warmed up, it was still coughing right off idle. the idle quality was really suckin bad too.. 

found that both idle jets were plugged up with junk. the fuel bowl was full of sandy shit too.. blew that shit out, cleaned it up, and slapped it back on. 

shit runs soo much better now. its been like this for some time, and just got really bad yesterday. 

drove it to work today. worked great.

guess ill check that shit out more often from now on. 

• Like 1

alrighty then.. 

so im ordering rings and gaskets today after work.. 

im not selling the truck, in case anyone was still wondering. 

the carb keeps getting filled up with junk from the fuel system. it needs new filters and i gotta blow the carb out again. 

hopin that will solve my issues. 

also bought some parts for the 411.. youll see in june.. 

• Like 4

back from the dead... 

got the fuel system all figured out. as suspected, the filters were old. not falling apart, but not good anymore. 

cleaned and blew out the weber again... totally tore it down this time. 

reset the idle mixtures again, and its working pretty well now. 

i also got a timing light on it for the first time.. was at 10 degrees, so i bumped it up to 15.. 

oh and i pulled the plugs for the first time too.. they need replaced, but i cleaned em and regapped em...

much better after that.. 

so now i have these...

20150130_162925_HDR_zpskkrzjgp6.jpg

exhaust cams from a 93-95 altima. 248 duration units. 

ive since had this done... 

20150130_182729_HDR_zpszqxs9q8x.jpg

since theyre from an altima, they have the tangs for the distributor. so we cut em off, and finished off the surface. 

gonna toss these in tomorrow after work. i have a diagram on how they are installed on a newer KA, so we'll see how that goes... lol

also have all this shit.. 

20150127_190044_HDR_zpscdrhv94x.jpg

GMC stuffs... belts, hoses, tie rods, wheel hub assembly.... need more time to get that done..

and then some datsuns... 

20150130_175326_HDR_zpsgob9vrwu.jpg

20150130_175454_HDR_zpsqg2nck8w.jpg

20150130_175315_HDR_zpsrztzfzol.jpg

more to come... 

• Like 6

yeah, its 2 exhaust cams from a 93-95 altima. 

they have the 240/248 combo like a 91 s13 DE. the exhaust cam is the same duration, but the valve event happens at 60* instead of 64*. i think... might be the other way around.. i forget..

i was expecting it to be more lumpy on the idle, but it sounds stock pretty much. i might have to mess with degreeing the cam back a half a tooth to see how it runs. gonna get another cam gear and drill a new dowel hole in it to roll the cam back just a touch.

more to come... 

• Like 1

i dont think itll be anything too special.. 

the cam only has to move a half a chain tooth. i have it set back 3 teeth, and they mention it only needs to be 2.5 back. so ill just drill a new dowel hole on the clockwise side of the current dowel notch. i need to look at a cam gear to see how much a half tooth ends up being closer to the center of the sprocket. 

• Like 1