My 77 KC 620

Farmer Joe

well after seeing pumpkins thread about the rustoleum orange paint, i figured i go buy a can and see how it looked.

its a close match but not totally right. the trucks orange is more of a burnt orange and the rustoleum is really bright and vibrant.

but anyways, i got one of the fenders painted, and then i de-oxidized the rest of the paint on the driver side. its amazing how good this paint still looks with just a little bit of effort.

heres a cellphone pic of the painted fender. ill get a pic of the truck when im done rubbin it down.

paint1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I really like the rustoleum paint! Painted the engine bay on my truck with the painters touch shit, and then the engine bay on my 240 with their metallic paint. Both turned out great, even though I painted in 40 degree/damp weather. I think it would have been better if it was warmer though. Good rattle can, and that's coming from a coneseur *spelling*. Anyway, good luck, love the king cabs!!

• Like 1
Are you in Tijuana?

huh? idaho buddy lol

got the rest of the truck rubbed out. i have to say that it looks awsome! im gonna finish painting the fenders, hood and the valance tomorrow.

i also put a little tire shine on the tires, but they sat so long on the 720 that they soaked up all the spray shine shit. lol.

oh, and a buddy of mine from the club gave a me perfect set of front turn signal lenses too!!

heres a pic

paint2.jpg

• Like 1

NICE I almost moved to nampa last year i really like it over their all exept that god damn traffic between boise eagle meridian area sucks ass but other than that it's pretty cool. my buddy runs boise vintage cycle in garden city on chinden.

• Like 1

well the 31 year old throttle cable finally broke yesterday, so i had to make a junkyard run to get another one. bad part was, all the 620s in the yard either were missin it, the calbe was broke, or it was the wrong cable.

so i had to use a cable from an 80 720 that had the l20 in it. its almost the same cable but the curved tube on it pointed a differrent was just a bit, and the other end didnt have a threaded adjusting end.

but i got it to work. it bolted right on the firewall. i just had to bend it a little so it woulnt be in a binding position. the other end just slipped into the homemade cable braket that my dad built for this motorcraft carb that on it.

heres a couple pics of the cable

throttle1.jpg

throttle2.jpg

shot of the engine bay

l20b.jpg

• Like 1

well i tinkered with the 620 some more today. went to the junkyard and got a cherry set of chrome beauty rings for it. they look good! now i just need some chrome lug nuts and id be set!

im gonna get the rest of the front end painted tomorrow, and maybe lay some pinstripes on it.

ill try and get some good pics of it tomorrow.

• Like 1
Good to know the 720 cables will work. & i just noticed you have a header,kool!

well the 720 cable was kinda a lucky thing it worked out. it just worked with the cable mount that my dad fabbed up for this goofy carb thats on it. as long as it works, eh? lol

yeah, its got a header... yay... lol! it drags! lol!

ive got a buddy of mine that might buy it from me. im gonna put a manifold on it so that i can have the exhaust redone for when i get it bagged. ill get a pic of how low the header hangs!!

• Like 1
you can barely notice the header in the pic!!!!

anyway.....you notice ANY difference between the stock header and the aftermarket?

what stock header? there no such thing as a stock header for a 620 with an l20b.

and if you wonderin if there is a difference between a manifold and a header, then yeah there is, but not much.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

well its been i while since ive posted. lost my internet lol.

anyways, ive been workin on the truck... ALOT!

last week i got the frontend painted and it matches very well i might add. i found rustoleum burnt orange and it was a damn near dead on match. i also painted the grille black.

?ui=2&ik=b204365313&attid=0.1&disp=inline&view=att&th=119729ebaf7531c5

and then yesterday i notched the back.

?ui=2&ik=b204365313&attid=0.1&disp=inline&view=att&th=119729b1e76c4f9c

man does it ride nice now that the frame isnt bangin on the axle!

so thats what ive been up to. i dont know when ill be back on, but ill try and check up more often.

• Like 1
NICE I almost moved to nampa last year i really like it over their all exept that god damn traffic between boise eagle meridian area sucks ass but other than that it's pretty cool.

Come on now, traffic in Idaho? "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

Sitting nice & low now! The notch looks good, you gonna run bigger rims later on?

yeah im pretty sure ill get a bigger set of wheels later on. my buddy has a set of gmc sierra 17s that hed sell me for cheap.

damn thats nice, notch seems a little far back though, am i wrong?

the notch is set 3/8in forward of the axle centerline.