• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

okie dokie... 

did some upkeep on the pickup today. 

ive been noticing a lot of oil leakin from the back of the head, but from above the head gasket. popped the valve cover off, and resealed the it. 

also ripped one of my plug wires outta the boot when i was taking it out. got lucky and it didnt rip the wire, it just slid out of the metal contact. bent it back open, and put it back like its supposed to be. 

i had to cut some of the material off the end of the wire boot so it wouldnt make suction in the plug tube anymore. fucken cheap ass wires....

6DvA066h.jpg

also pulled the plugs to check em out... 

seems like its running pretty well..

OSAbOKNh.jpg

RTv3Srjh.jpg

i might come a size up on the main jets since it looks like its runnin kinda crispy..

"hurr hurr.... is my timing set right?"  lol.... its due for an oil change.. 

de8EnpAh.jpg

wAoyPOph.jpg

also put some more advance in the dist. seem to like it... i still havent gotten a light on it.. maybe one day. lol

more to come... 

• Like 1

fucken fuck fuck... 

noticed that im getting a lot of driveline clunk going on lately.. confirmed my carrier bearing is trashed again.. 

only lasted a year..

but, i can still get one for cheap from amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/DEA-A6013-Drive-Center-Support/dp/B0067UEV5M/ref=sr_1_21?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1440698324&vehicle=1977-67-2777-20-78--17-7-5134-1967-9-3---1-0&sr=1-21&ymm=1977%3Anissan%3A620

i just dont wanna change it again. its a pain in the ass..

so i got that goin for me..

gotta limp it home from work tonight, and drive the GMC till i get it fixed.

cant do the street legal races now either. 

more to come......

wooo! 

radiator got a hole in it on the way home last night.. 

RtKQwUth.jpg

i was smellin coolant after i got peppered with some gravel in the construction on the freeway.. 

got home and it was literally puking all the coolant from that hole onto the street... 

soooo, im not sure what im gonna do with the pickup for now. 

ive been thinking about putting the DE from the truck and using it in the 411... getting back to that point where id like to do an LS swap in the 620 with a manual valve body th350. 

found a 4.8 on CL that just needs an ECU, and my buddy has one already. id like to do a 70mm turbo and make a reliable 400hp... 

guess we'll see if i get this new job at the local cheese factory.. ill start rollin in some cash if that happens... 

more to come. 

fucken fuck fuck... 

noticed that im getting a lot of driveline clunk going on lately.. confirmed my carrier bearing is trashed again.. 

only lasted a year..

more to come......

My new rockauto carrier bearing is already dying too. I will probably go to a one piece shaft. 

wooo! 

radiator got a hole in it on the way home last night.. 

RtKQwUth.jpg

i was smellin coolant after i got peppered with some gravel in the construction on the freeway.. 

got home and it was literally puking all the coolant from that hole onto the street... 

more to come. 

Patch it with some solder, it'll be good as new. 

okie dokie... 

did some upkeep on the pickup today.  also pulled the plugs to check em out... 

seems like its running pretty well..

OSAbOKNh.jpg

RTv3Srjh.jpg

i might come a size up on the main jets since it looks like its runnin kinda crispy..

They look great for cruise mileage. Just increase the secondary jet for full throttle enrichment when you really need the power.

• Like 1

Wow never seen plugs so... perfect. Yes I would try slightly larger jets. Without an AFM gauge maybe it's actually running lean. Mileage might even go up if slightly richer. I figured it was a 32/36 and then you could just run richer when the secondary was open.

• Like 2

well, ive made a decision... 

im gonna pull the KA outta the truck and put it in the 411.. 

no turning back now. 

its time to get the 411 done, and maybe work on the truck a little too.. 

since i 'have' this engine on hand, im gonna get it out of the truck and hung in the car to see what fits and what doesnt. 

going to probably need an s13 single cam oil pan for the front sump option. hoping i dont have to cut it up too much. 

but now i can start to figure out how the crossmember is going to work. i have to take 4 inches out of the center to bring back to a similar track width of the 411. i think its gonna be an inch wider on each side. i could take 6 out of the crossmember, but there wouldnt be much left, and it could use an extra bit of track width with the new frontend anyways. 

so now i need to clean the out the garage and get this stuff figured. 

more to come...

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

welp, back to driving this guy for a few more days...

used some more 2 part stick epoxy to fix the hole in the radiator. 

i sort of made the carrier bearing work again too.. its to a point the driveline isn't floppin around at least. 

hopin i can yank the engine next weekend, but well see how it goes with the charger first. its back at the shop hopefully getting fixed. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

little update. 

might end up with this little guy here sooner than later...

http://boise.craigslist.org/pts/5157001171.html

going to do the head gasket and lifters on my buddies mazda, and he'll buy it up for me for doin the work. 

put a ls1 style intake on it, some 60-80lbs injectors, an ON3 7665 turbo and do a th400 with a 2500 stall. 

stock intake and cam 4.8s are good for 430whp with 13lbs of boost. ls6 cam should yield 500 to the wheels with low boost. 

its gonna be fun. 

more to come............

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi....

little bit of an update...

ez4EAZoh.jpg

its been sittin for a good bit again.. the 411 KA is still sittin in the back from like 3 months ago..

the starters too weak to turn it over anymore, soooo...

changed jobs again, so im just waiting for an extra few bucks to get a new starter and new tags for it. 

i do have some parts that are gonna go on it now though... since the s13 5 speed is too long to "fit" in the 411, im gonna toss it in the 620. im gonna build a one piece DL since the tranny will be a bit longer, and its just better.. 

along with that, im gonna put the light flywheel, and the heavy clutch from the 411 KA on my engine. the 411 is gonna get a hardbody 5 speed since theyre a lot shorter. ill just put a stock flywheel and clutch on that since it will be the wifes rig. she dont need that fancy stage 2 clutch.. lol

thats aboot it foor now, there, eh...

• Like 3