crackerjack's goon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I'll have to snag it from you sometime. This damn weather has the project delayed for a while :(. But the 620 is running, and soon I can tow the goon over to my garage and get crackin'. I NEED A 510 OIL PAN AND PICK-UP TUBE (right?)!!!! Cuz the L18 is coming out of a 620. If anyone haz one, shoot me a price.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Finally got around to pulling the L18 from my parts truck. Upon inspection, this thing is SUPER clean! FlyerDan (PO) mentioned it had been rebuilt and new clutch a while back, and not driven much since. The cam, head, and rockers are waaaay clean, and the clutch does indeed look very new. I R excited! Desperately need the weather seals for ALL the doors :( Would really hook someone up with some great vinyl work if you have some decent door seals for trade...

IMG_20121024_092912.jpg

IMG_20121024_094344.jpg

IMG_20121024_094025.jpg

Yeah, the fram won't be there. Wheels will be on soon. Lolz Draynor volunteered you for a work party on my goon this weekend. Next step is to get the proper oil pan and trans xmember from Greasmonkey. I need to get the drivetrain all clean and ready to drop in. them haul the goon over on someone's trailer and drop tje train in that day. Then get crackin on re-assembling the interior, and doing the elecrical. Then driving it every single day :D

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the timing cover I needed from wayno, thanks man!

Old:

IMG_20121101_182335.jpg

New:

IMG_20121104_193646.jpg

Still waiting on 510 oil pan and pickup tube, and some gaskets before I can assemble the motor. Will I have any problem using a 620 exhaust mani? Like clearance issues when installed on a goon??? Any input appreciated.

The old pic is a L20B cover...?

Since you have the L18....you should have no issues with your exhaust.

Post a pic of your manifold.

Most issues come with throwing in a L20 then the Y-pipe rubs where the trans and the motor meet up. Across from the steering box.

I'm still up for some work on this thing....I wants to see it.. :blush:

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Well life happened once again, I ended up selling this brown goon to Karnutz last year. I have another goon lined up that I'm hoping will arrive today. It's a complete and bone stock original owner car. Been sitting about 20 years. Looks to be in good shape though. I'll just document the new goon build in this thread.

Indeed. 75k original miles, one owner (a grandma) factory dealer plate cover, full documentation. Beautiful wagon, I'm flipping out. Carb needs replaced, driver side rear wheel drum is stuck and tire flat, need hood hinges, hatch won't open, excellent interior, stock AM radio, fuse block clean as hell, dizzy cap looks new, last driven 1990. Perfect glass, one big and one small crack in dash, passenger front blinker lens a lil cracked, gonna try and get it running and stopping as qwick as possible :D. Yeah, I know I know: pics or die. Gotta go eat enchiladas first.

Hellz yeah Adam! I was just plotting on how to get a weber!

Here's the CL ad that started this adventure. I called him within a couple hours of him posting.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/3828909378.html

pics:

20-2_zpse5f1b4c1.jpg camcover

22-1_zpsda675bb8.jpg fuses

4-9_zpsab95ac74.jpg driver door

3-8_zps4bb18bdc.jpg driver fender

21-2_zpsf12c1531.jpg batt tray

25-1_zpsdbf094a8.jpg keys

2-12_zpsd64d6da0.jpg badge

24-2_zpsc9190103.jpg prndl

1-10_zps270fe7f7.jpg front

26-1_zpse42259a1.jpg jack

28-1_zps69ceda52.jpg carb

27-1_zps0513feef.jpg cam

7-5_zpsb14f831a.jpg odom

6-4_zps7b4ac34a.jpg radio

23-1_zpsa3cc5f08.jpg washer bottle

5-7_zps6dc3d357.jpg front seats

20-2_zpse5f1b4c1.jpg engine

I have more, but photobucket is being completely retarded right now.

lol oh yeah thats right. I remember reading it was an automatic and hit the back button.  I dunno if I will do another auto to manual adventure.  Its kind of a pain in the dick.  Two parts of it anyways, rest is cake. 

• Like 1