bigger wheels on my 620

looking for bigger wheels to put on my 620 kc what will hit what will fit ....

I was looking at 18" escalade wheels, has anyone ran these on their 620??? what else looks good as far as cheaper than going to the tire store and spending 500 per wheel...... help?? thanks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what width and offset are you looking for?

Nissan Titan wheels are common. 18x8, +20 (I think) and really cheap. I got my set for $150/four. I've seen them in Washington usually for $300-400 a set. You just have to wait until the seller drops the price.

Seems that you would want zero offset though.

Does your truck have factory disc brakes up front?

OH, and yes people have used the older 17" Escalade wheels. I'm not sure if the Esky bolt pattern changed later on when they started using 18" factory wheels. The Titan and Frontier bolt patterns changed to a smaller 6-lug in 2005 I think. So you'll be looking for 2001-2004 approx Nissan wheels.

Are these for your truck? It would just look like your 4x4 but with larger wheels and slightly lower profile 40inch tires.

On a lowered truck, chrome 18's look something like this. I dont' think these are Escalade wheels

canby07100_5349.jpg

ok, you updated your profile now. I see you have more than just the lifted Datsun 620....

• Like 1

titan and frontier still are 6 x 139/ or 6x 5.5 bolt pattern, they changed the hub bore to smaller bore, any gm 6 lug eskie wheels will work, u still have to bore out the hub bore, to 4", i believe datsun and most nissan hub bore is 3.75/ or 3 and 3/4", need 1/4" bore out bigger, u can get done at machine shop for about 25 / 30.00 per wheel, or get a 3.75" steel hole saw and a 4" steel hole saw put them together on an arbor bit and start cutting, i have done this and it works, u can use a 1/2" drive drill chuck or a drill press, either way make sure you have a way to secure the wheel, so it does not spin, drill on slow speed so to not burn out bits, and or damage wheels..:D this works good, drill from back side of wheels outward, so u don't damage face of wheel if bit slips, wear all protective equipment..ie glasses, gloves, pants, long sleeve shirt, u get the idea..:D

The Escalade wheels would look nice, but I'd prefer them with a plain center cap (or with DATSUN written on it) and a nice powdercoat... Either powdercoat it all white or leave it chrome, then do the body colour in the indent on each spoke, and in between the spokes. I think that would look pretty slick.

You already bought the Titans for your truck? They look good. The more I see them, the more I want a set myself.

• 6 years later...

I just picked up my 620 and have an 07 Esky.  thinking hard about getting 24's for my Esky and slapping the 18's on the 620.  has anyone seen issues with these rims on a 620?  I ask because I am torn on just running some old Z71 16's and keeping it old school.