200mm clutch discs and release bearing assembly

The only disc I can find is a Sachs on rock auto for $25. The local napa and oreillys can't get them at all. Are factory ones nla? Any one have another option or part numbers? Is the sachs disc ok quality? Same thing with the release bearing assembly rock auto has a Timkin for $28 but no one else has em. Are these my best or only options?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(1) --- I ordered a "Sachs" Clutch Disc for my 240z on RockAuto,,,about 6 months ago ,,, I opened up the Sach's box and stamped in white lettering is "Sachs" and "Valeo" with a part number ,,, (made in mexico or korea ):huh: ,,, seems nearly everything is either way ,,,

I am sure it is a satisfactory replacement clutch for daily driving/cruise driving/sport driving ,,, I will probably go Exedy Direction Next time :) ,,, but over all it has worked just fine/good behind my L28 ,,,

I personally have no reason to not buy another Valeo Clutch for my datsun ! ( I won't buy them other vehicles I have had un-satisfactory results with after installing FULL Valeo brand Clutch Kits on ,,,, two domestics that were babied before and after bad results with Valeo ... still hesitant to a point) ,,, So you can relate ,,,, when I was very dissapointed the moment I saw the valeo name stamped right on Sach's disc when I opened up the Sach's Brand Clutch Disc Box from RockAuto.com For my 240z ,,,, but ya know what , it works good ! haven't had any issues ! :)

(2) ---- Timkin Bearins are ,,, top quality bearings !!! go right ahead and order these... :D

Hope That Helps a touch ( sort of ! )

Hey don't buy just to save $4. Get quality parts for these high wear hard to get at parts. Want to be replacing it in a year or two again? Look at it this way... what if you got the clutches for free but they lasted 6 months to a year. Would you want to be under there changing them at least every year?? Fuck no.

You can't go wrong with Timkin. Make sure you pack with grease properly.

The 200sx 200mm disk is about $50 from the dealer. $50!!!

The 200sx 200mm bearing is about $32 from the dealer..... ... that's all!. For Nissan quality parts.

Can't go wrong with factory but some after market are close maybe even better but how do you tell?? right?? What exactly is the car it's for. I think there are different numbers for every 200mm disc for every model made. They will all fit it's just that all the numbers are different.

The '77-'79 200sx 200mm disc is 30100-S3100. Over the years there were likely many suppliers to Nissan and the discs might be identical but the numbers would have to be different to reflect the different makers. Just like a Philips or an Hitachi tail light bulb... same specs and fit just different makers.

OK. well the car id a 71 510 with a stroker LZ21 and I am using a dogleg trans. I see what you are saying with the many different part numbers for basically the same part. I tried searching for the 30100-S3100 disc on nissanparts.cc and it came up with 30100-N8488 as an answer to my search. I did some more searching tho and some guys on the realm said their recent exedy clutches were made in japan so I think I might give that one a shot...hmmm

• 3 weeks later...

most use the 240z one I believe.clutch master. I have a few at home as the 510 used 2 different clutch masters but most just move the line a little.

I order my clutch disc from importrp.com. they have the daiken disc and a Asco(aisin) disc and 2 t/o bearings also. one is a KOYO for sure.

I think Carquest has the Paurut Boxed brand also which is a Japan unit also

OK, another question, I pulled the existing release bearing off of the dogleg trans and it was shot so I bought another new Timkin that is for a 77 200sx cause that's what I assumed the trans and fork were from. the new bearing is the same except it is 1/4" taller (or deeper). the part where the fork mounts is all the same though. can I compensate for that 1/4" of an inch when I install the slave cyl and adjust it, or do I need to find a different T/O bearing???

The throwout bearing does not have a "part where the fork mounts"

Throwout bearings are all the same.

This part (the sleeve) differs, and 1/4 inch is too much, the clutch won't adjust properly:

15140.jpg

However, Timkin is about the only one who sells them together.

Take the bearing off the sleeve, and put the bearing on your old sleeve.

Has anyone used a 77-78 200sx clutch master on their 510? bore is the same, but I am worried maybe the mount is different? I bet they are the same but would rather know for sure before buying. I am asking cause there is more of a brand selection available and they are a little cheaper. :unsure:

If identical then cheaper is fine. Don't skimp for a few dollars. Spend for quality, this is a hard to get at part if it fails too soon.

Yes I meant the bearing assembly. Problem is the old sleeve has a huge stress fracture and missing pieces where the bearing fits. Well I guess I have to keep looking for the right unit. And datzenmike the reason I wanted to use the 200sx master was the better selection of quality brands not just price. Anybody have a shorter TO bearing sleeve to sell? :)

So was the wrong T/O bearin sleeve in the box.????

I think the diaparame height on a 77200sx pressureplate is different that a 510 200 mm. But most people just use the 510 T/O bearing and sleeve and most like use the Roadster pressure plate as that has the same Diaphram height.

So Key is which pessure plate you have????? 510 or Roadster is the same height. a 77-78 200sx P/P will be different going by my book but the disc is the same.

I always like the 510 Fork arm as it has a hole thru it to adjust the slave cylinder as there you could adjust the lenth of the rod in a pinch(weld a extention or just screw the ball in to shorten it.)

I have this on my 200sx 5 speed

NAPA used to sell the whole assmeply T/O bearing and sleeve for a 510.

I have a roadster pressure plate. I didn't know that the 200sx had a different height PP. I just guessed that since I had a dogleg trans that it probably was a 200sx fork and bearing sleeve. I will check NAPA again but I think they told me they couldn't get get one. It would be nice to compare parts before I buy for sure.

Does it really have to do with pressure plate height? On other Datsun engines it is the distance from engine to transmission, whether it uses an engine plate or not.

If the difference is 1/4 inch, it might just be the difference of an engine plate.

The real question is what length do you need? Measure yours.

447D15AA8E12B1F8C5F887EE8D8E5305.jpg

OK, I tried Napa and they can order the bearing only, no sleeve. I found a part number off rockauto for the 510 T/O bearing and sleeve and used that to find an ebay listing that showed dimensions of the unit and long story short, the 510 unit IS the one I need. Thanks for all the support guys! hopefully that is the end of it...:rolleyes:

Just a little more info for anyone following this, I just got another T/O bearing collar in the mail, a timken for a 1971 510 and the part numbers crossed over for a 2000 roadster as well. this new one is 3/16" shorter than the original one that was with the trans. I measured the old pressure plate height and it is the same as the new roadster unit that i bought. I guess either the old setup that this trans came to me with was wrong or the 3/16" just doesn't matter. the old setup came out of a running driving car and it shifted fine with no funny noises, and my new parts should work together: roadster pressure plate, roadster throwout bearing and sleeve, 510 disc. I guess we'll see what happens!:blink: