Sr20 gauges in a 510

VoidDragon

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GPS install is quite easy. It is a small module ~2"x2"x1/2" and is magnetic. I chose to mount it on the dash right over the speaker grill since that area has good sky view and is metal. Small tweak to one of the grill spars and the cable end went down behind the dash and over to the speedo. You will need a constant 12v, switched 12, and a connection to the light wiring. The needle illumination uses different power than the back-lighting. Gauge kit came with separate pigtails for each required power source and a rheostat for back-light brightness adjustments. You will have to connect the headlight bright indicator to the correct wire in the dash...I connected my backwards. :-0

I did modify the metal back to the cluster to allow for easier access to the GPS sensor port on the speedo. The rectangular section where the OE speedo attached I cut out with a Dremel. The nice thing is that speedo has a bunch of functions like 0-60 time, top speed, different distance calcs, etc.

The oil gauge is electric and I was able to use an adapter to use the Speedhut sensor. They make a mechanical and it looks pretty straightforward to adapt if you want to go that direction.

• 2 weeks later...

S15_Instruments.JPG?1696

Silvia S15 cluster in my 510. All of the S15 harnesses from the donor car came with my SR drivetrain, so I used all of the wiring and plugs to the S15 cluster. Custom VSS setup converts speedo/odo to read in MPH/Miles. Fuel gauge is wired to the stock 510 sender. It reads ~7/8 full when tanked up, but is dead accurate below 1/2 tank- tested ~2 gals left when low fuel light comes on. E-brake warning light hooked up to 510 sender. Has Trip A and Trip B odometers in addition to cumulative odo. Clock is also nice to have. Red backlights light up when headlights are on. Blitz R-VIT (displaying ignition timing, water temp and voltage) plugs into factory Consult port, and can display a bunch of other Consult parameters at the push of a button. I really enjoy having all these modern features in my 510!

• Like 2

DSCF0086.jpg

sweet looking interior, the gauges pop!!! especially since the dash has texture, and not just a plan sheet metal look.

>what kind of seats are those? i'm really hunting for a set of nice/not too expensive seats.

• 2 weeks later...

sweet looking interior, the gauges pop!!! especially since the dash has texture, and not just a plan sheet metal look.

>what kind of seats are those? i'm really hunting for a set of nice/not too expensive seats.

They are Sparco seats .. Ill have to look around to find the model # .. they arent to expensive as far as sparcos go .. but not exactly cheap either.

• 3 years later...

S15_Instruments.JPG?1696

Silvia S15 cluster in my 510. All of the S15 harnesses from the donor car came with my SR drivetrain, so I used all of the wiring and plugs to the S15 cluster. Custom VSS setup converts speedo/odo to read in MPH/Miles. Fuel gauge is wired to the stock 510 sender. It reads ~7/8 full when tanked up, but is dead accurate below 1/2 tank- tested ~2 gals left when low fuel light comes on. E-brake warning light hooked up to 510 sender. Has Trip A and Trip B odometers in addition to cumulative odo. Clock is also nice to have. Red backlights light up when headlights are on. Blitz R-VIT (displaying ignition timing, water temp and voltage) plugs into factory Consult port, and can display a bunch of other Consult parameters at the push of a button. I really enjoy having all these modern features in my 510!

tedman i love the idea of putting the cluster in looks great!

just wondering how you got the speedo to work ? do you think I could us the speedo sender out of the s13 gearbox I have instead of the normal ABS diff sender ?

I've looked and the sensor on the rear differential is for the ABS only. Vehicles with the ABS sensors use a dedicated speed sensor in the transmission. The speed sensor is the electronic replacement for the old style speedometer cable drive.

It would also help if you describe what engine, transmission and differential you have.

• Like 1

The R-180 has an ABS sensor? Even if it does it's not for a speedo signal.

All S13/14s had the speed sender in them.. at least all N American ones did. Your transmission must have some way of running the speedometer, either electric or mechanical. If mechanical, a electric speed sensor can be fitted it replace it.