"Datsunami" 510 SR23DET S14 Build.... SR-TITTY-THREE!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im looking for a Rad right now how much did the Ron davis one cost and do you know the specs?

I believe it is a Dual Core with two 1" tubes. Super efficient. Twin SPAl fans (don't know the CFM)

All I know is that it was designed to hadle a good amount of heat.

As I understand it, and as I have found out, it is super hard to procure one of these and they do not come up for sale that often.

I guess I am one of the lucky few.

I don't like to talk prices but I will pm you if you really want to know.....

I believe it is a Dual Core with two 1" tubes. Super efficient. Twin SPAl fans (don't know the CFM)

All I know is that it was designed to hadle a good amount of heat.

As I understand it, and as I have found out, it is super hard to procure one of these and they do not come up for sale that often.

I guess I am one of the lucky few.

I don't like to talk prices but I will pm you if you really want to know.....

I believe it is a 1.5" 2 row or 1.75" 2 row. TSR prices are very high but the quality of Mario's work is second to none. I know he sources the radiators from Ron Davis but you cannot buy one from Ron Davis as Mario has to give his permission to you to use the plans. You can design your own for Ron Davis that is similar for around $500.00 or you can buy the one that a lot of others use for the SR swap and that is a $250.00 off the shelf unit from Ron Davis (Part # 1A-22163). The advantages of the 1A-22163 is no rail cutting or core support cutting. Plus you do not have to open your Radiator opening on your core support as much.

I believe it is a 1.5" 2 row or 1.75" 2 row. TSR prices are very high but the quality of Mario's work is second to none. I know he sources the radiators from Ron Davis but you cannot buy one from Ron Davis as Mario has to give his permission to you to use the plans. You can design your own for Ron Davis that is similar for around $500.00 or you can buy the one that a lot of others use for the SR swap and that is a $250.00 off the shelf unit from Ron Davis (Part # 1A-22163). The advantages of the 1A-22163 is no rail cutting or core support cutting. Plus you do not have to open your Radiator opening on your core support as much.

But that's the really thick one right?

Damn, keep coming across these deals that I just can't pass up!

Picked this up Brand New for $90 still sealed in it package.

An ARC Titanium SR20DET Coil Pack Cover.

Like I really need another Coil Pack Cover. This thing is baller tho.

Discontinued and Rare as fuck. Used to sell for $280.

ARCSR20DETS14COILCOVER2.jpg

Ya, that's what I thought. The 3" one seems too thick for an SR20DET. Unless you mount the FMIC outside of the grill.

Nope, you have to remove the center support and the intercooler mounts right in-front of the radiator.

Here is one from mckinney motorsports. They use the same ron davis radiator that I posted the part number too.

8.jpg

Another ron davis radiator

2917601_9_full.jpg

Nope, you have to remove the center support and the intercooler mounts right in-front of the radiator.

Here is one from mckinney motorsports. They use the same ron davis radiator that I posted the part number too.

What about an S14? It has the VTC sticking out.

At any rate, At least mine will leave me plenty of space to work with and to mount both fans.

Your a wealth of knowledge Dennis!

thats fat radiator just dosnt look right in there. looks like ill need to save my pennies for a good thiner one

Juan on page 2.... :lol:

Ya, I agree. There are other rads or maybe just use the rad drawing sheet Ron Davis Provides and draw one up.

Don't say it's for a 510 or Datsun. Maybe he'll make it.

Ya, I agree. There are other rads or maybe just use the rad drawing sheet Ron Davis Provides and draw one up.

CXRacing radiator is the exact same as TSR's. The only draw back is the quality.

CXRacing radiator is the exact same as TSR's. The only draw back is the quality.

Ya, that's what I think my current rad is. A CXRacing Rad. Cheap Chinese Cores (CCC) hahahaha

When I sit in traffic (does not have to be hot out) it will start to over heat.

That's why I don't take it out in heavy traffic.

Ya, that's what I think my current rad is. A CXRacing Rad. Cheap Chinese Cores (CCC) hahahaha

When I sit in traffic (does not have to be hot out) it will start to over heat.

That's why I don't take it out in heavy traffic.

If you take the dimensions from the CXRacing radiator and draw it up and send it in to Ron Davis Bammm you have a TSR radiator without the cost.

If you take the dimensions from the CXRacing radiator and draw it up and send it in to Ron Davis Bammm you have a TSR radiator without the cost.

Ya, that's what I said.... lulz

I may even take the dims from mine and send them to him.....

honestly see if you can get a group buy going. i know of one other person that is in the market.

I can design one that might fit more accordingly. I do not want to cut up the top lip of my rad support to fit it. I think if we took some cardboard and mocked up a radiator we can make it perfect. I know my build would be ideal since I am at this stage right now. What do you guys think? I have a bunch of cardboard because I had the guys installing all my kitchen appliances save me the cardboard when I had my house built.

I can design one that might fit more accordingly. I do not want to cut up the top lip of my rad support to fit it. I think if we took some cardboard and mocked up a radiator we can make it perfect. I know my build would be ideal since I am at this stage right now. What do you guys think? I have a bunch of cardboard because I had the guys installing all my kitchen appliances save me the cardboard when I had my house built.

Sounds cool. I know peeps don't like to cut into their cars.

Also, Can ya'all please take the rest of this topic off line or start another thread?

And feel free to post link here....

Thanks guys