Project Bush:: Tortion_Bars

max2004

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cranked each side 6 full turns, raised truck 2 inches.

Steering is a bit tighter, handles way better.

Suspension feels about the same.

Prolly crank 'em a bit more so front end same height as back.

Can't seem to find those parts banzai510?

If it's gonna cost, then I will go solid front end . . .

cranking tortions more, loads them up,or twisting them more so there is more resistance aswell. what u can do is reindex them. this is when u mark the position of the tortion bar at the LCA remove tortion and put back one or 2 teeth from the marked position.this alows u to turn the suspention up a little more and not make it that stiff and doesent load the tortion up too much. i do this when i lower mine but i move the torion a tooth ot 2 in the oposit direction u would . ow and tortions that are cranked to much ending up verry stiff can break ,mostly when off roading and hiting a rock .

my 5c

Raising the ride height will also increase negative camber. (tires in at the top) Because the top is pulled in and the steering rod ends cannot compress the rim will turn inwards at the front as well, increasing toe. The shims on the upper control arms can be removed in an attempt to move the top of the tire outward and the toe-in steering can also be adjusted. There may be some advantage to a small increase in neg camber and toe in when off road but it will grind away the tires on pavement.

It's also possible that the torsion bars have sagged over the years and you are merely bringing the truck back into proper alignment by raising it too. :lol:

Some 4X4's seem to be jacked up from factory.

Was this an option to order a "High Boy" ??

See the new guy [aarivers] post and look at his truck.

It's right up there. I've seen a few others like that.

Yet, the more I crank mine, the more positive camber I get.

Or is it a matter of shim adjustment as KingRat mentioned??

Pretty sure the 620 will be similar to the 720s but IIRC the tire moved inward at the top when the body lifted. I removed the upper control arm shims to force the arm to move outward to correct. Maybe the 720 4 by is different.I see that the 4 x 4 uses a compression rod while the 2wd uses a tension rod on the lower control arms. So there are differences.