"Farmers 620"

Farmer

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was wondering if you were around still. Havn't done much with the 620 until recently. Since fuel prices are on the rise, I decided it was time to get it running. And you mentioned something about your header, will it fit past the torsion bars?

I'm thinking about going with a different air intake setup. Something like the original but with one large dia pipe to an filter. Was there any benefit going with two tubes?

Larry

It clears the torsion bars fine. I made the dual tube setup for clearance around the brake booster , the setup didn't come with any filters. A single tube should work fine.

• 3 months later...

In the immortal words of Hainz, "I like that truck" A lot of work but it will be sweet when its done. I am working on my 73 and I am debating wether or not to paint the engine bay.:blink: I know I should but it is so much work! Nows the time tho with the motor and tranny out.

I highly recommend POR-15 as a frame paint. I seems a little pricey when you go shopping for the stuff, but it ened up being cheaper and much more durable than a few rattle cans. I got my POR-15 at NAPA. I got a starter kit, was under 20 bucks and it would easily do that entire front frame section. By using the starter kit, i didnt spend very much money on supplies that i had never tried before. I later went back and got a quart.

Jason

In the immortal words of Hainz, "I like that truck" A lot of work but it will be sweet when its done. I am working on my 73 and I am debating wether or not to paint the engine bay.:blink: I know I should but it is so much work! Nows the time tho with the motor and tranny out.

Thats why I decided to get that area done. Dont want to have to remove engine again to paint.

I am using TECHnique NAPA Brand Chassis Black, 7 bucks a can for the frame and other parts. I would rather powder coat the suspension but it cost to much. So, rattle it is.

Larry

Thats why I decided to get that area done. Dont want to have to remove engine again to paint.

I am using TECHnique NAPA Brand Chassis Black, 7 bucks a can for the frame and other parts. I would rather powder coat the suspension but it cost to much. So, rattle it is.

Larry

Powder coating has gone up in price quite a bit. Kinda sucks, I love powder coating.

Also i'd recomend a dark brown paint to match the exterior. Black paint is just so bleh. Its nice to have a color that atleast looks sorta close to the exterior. Thats just me tho.

Truck looks cool. I'll have to swing by some time this month and check it out. I might be out in GP picking up parts in a couple weeks.

For small parts like suspension stuff, you could always invest in a harbor freight, or sears powder coating kit. They're relatevily cheap, and seem to turn out some quality finished stuff once you get the hang of it... A guy at work turned it into a small "side money" thing. Picked himself up an old oven, and does wheels, suspension stuff, etc... Wish I had the time to do a complete job like you are.

Keep up the good work Farmer!

That bumper is good for taking out trees... Ask me how I know :D

hmm let me guess, you found out the same way i found out....they are also good for pulling a 17ft camper:lol: ask me how i know:lol:

Sorry guys, pinstrip and bumper are going to go. Not for a long while though.

For small parts like suspension stuff, you could always invest in a harbor freight, or sears powder coating kit. They're relatevily cheap, and seem to turn out some quality finished stuff once you get the hang of it... A guy at work turned it into a small "side money" thing. Picked himself up an old oven, and does wheels, suspension stuff, etc... Wish I had the time to do a complete job like you are.

Does he have reasonable prices. The last place I had PC done wanted alot to do my intake, heatshield and su domes. Cant imagine what they want for upper and lower controls and cross piece

Larry

Generally his prices are pretty resonable from what I've heard. He's done a lot of stuff for people at work. If I remember right he was going to charge me $30 or 40 to do my valve cover. I'm sure he's still doing it, if you let me know exactly what you're looking to get done, I'll see what he'd charge.

You can also try another friend of mine, Garen Linder; Linder Fabrication And Industrial Coatings on Lars way in medford. He's always hooked me up, and people I refer.

Generally his prices are pretty resonable from what I've heard. He's done a lot of stuff for people at work. If I remember right he was going to charge me $30 or 40 to do my valve cover. I'm sure he's still doing it, if you let me know exactly what you're looking to get done, I'll see what he'd charge.

You can also try another friend of mine, Garen Linder; Linder Fabrication And Industrial Coatings on Lars way in medford. He's always hooked me up, and people I refer.

Thats a good price. The powder coater I used to go to has just upped his prices so now doing a valve cover is too costly with him.

I wouldn't mind finding a new place to get it done. $30 / 40 for a valve cover is worth it.