Driving the Pumpkn to Colorado

So Im goin on a road trip to colorado in about a month. Delivering a friend to run a restraunt at a ski resort.

Most people think I will end up having to leave it over there broaken. I think not. With the amount of hard driving I do to it now, a 2500mi trip on the freeway should be no problem.

I plan on putting a 5-sp in it and possably a A14 for the trip. If anyone has a A14 5-sp and they want to sell or trade for a A12A and 4-sp let me know.

Will probibly put the stock springs in it and some oversized tires for comfort and mileage.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

since my lady's buick broke last week, we have been using the b210 as the main form of family transportation. meaning 2 car seats, 2 adults. anyway my gf was trying to convince me to take the back roads to my mothers with is like a 20 mile interstate trip, away from atlanta towards alabama. the reason: it's an old car! that was her only argument! of course the B did just fine on the interstate. just buzzed along the slow lane, to keep the lady happy. i don't really have a point, maybe just some peaple assume you will have problems from a funny little car.

once a car has above 50k or over a few years old its just as likely to break. Since we have our hoods open all the time we have a less likely chance of breaking down. Keeping an eye on things is so much better than waiting till it breaks to open the hood. I've driven my datto's really far! If it breaks it will be an adventure! :D

I know it is going to make it, that is no contest!

The shakedown run was last summer when I drove it back and forth from Puyallup to vancouver and portland like 20 times. I am only worried about the engine not having enough power to take the hills with a load. I bet the 5-sp will help with that though.

Stupid thing has been smoking in the morning more than usual lately. Guess I should keep the revs down till it gets warm.:P

At 220k miles I took my 280ZX to southern CA. I was almost going to attempt the turbo engine swap and put new wheels/tires on it. I just went with the tires I had run for so long and I got back home just fine. (radiator leaked out in the Nevada desert)

So the next year I did the swap and amazingly made a similar trip. :D L-series rule