Sweet Barn Find 240Z for Sale - East Coast USA - Wash DC Area

SOLD!

I found this car this summer.It was so original and straight, I had to buy it.

0029.JPG

0073.JPG

0064.JPG

It is an Original One Owner 1971 Datsun 240Z. It had been sitting in the garage of the original owner since she parked it in 1984. The car is completely stock and original and has never been molested. It has not run or driven since 1984. It is a fantastic candidate for restoration. Would be a sweet stock restoration or a great base for a Hybrid Swap or Restomod or Race Car.

0081.JPG

The interior is in near mint condition. The Dash looks like brand new. No cracks or fading or discoloration. It is a deep dark rich shade of black. The door panels are in very nice shape and the chrome strips which normally peel are beautiful. The diamond pattern vinyl that covers the transmission tunnel and the rear shock towers are also pristine. The headliner, sun visors and all of the plastic interior panels look in near new condition. The center console and the gauges and other dash components looks like new. The drivers seat has some visible wear and the carpet from the hatch area is missing and will need to be replaced. The cargo straps in the hatch are in nice shape. Overall the interior is in outstanding condition for a car that has been sitting in dry storage for over 27 years.

0132.JPG

0162.JPG

0153.JPG

The body is very straight but does have some rust that will need attention. The floors are solid. The area under the battery, the frame rails and the spare tire well and the areas under the hatch are solid. The bottoms of the front fenders have rust. The dogleg areas in front of the rear wheels also has rust and will need patch panels. The wheel well on the drivers side has some rust. The bumpers and exterior trim are very straight and clean. [/b][/size]

0231.JPG

The engine is original and so is the 4 speed transmission. It is equipped with Air Conditioning too. We have not tried to start it as it really needs to be gone through with new fuel and fluids, etc. before trying to start it.

We hooked up a battery to it and all of the electrical that could be tested is working properly including the lights, wipers, gauges, heater fan, etc.

0281.JPG

0411.JPG

0361.JPG

0352.JPG

0036.JPG

0047.JPG

0057.JPG

0113.JPG

PICT0222.JPG.opt416x554o0,0s416x554.JPG

PICT0191.JPG.opt416x312o0,0s416x312.JPG

PICT0347-1.JPG.opt416x312o0,0s416x312.JPG

PICT0359-1.JPG.opt416x312o0,0s416x312.JPG

PICT0361-1.JPG.opt416x554o0,0s416x554.JPG

PICT0372-1.JPG.opt416x554o0,0s416x554.JPG

PICT0366-1.JPG.opt416x554o0,0s416x554.JPG

PICT0373.JPG.opt416x554o0,0s416x554.JPG

I really want to keep it and restore it, (I want to save them all) but I have way too many project already so this one will have to go to a new loving owner that will give it the love it needs. Come give this car a good home.

Asking $3350 or best offer.

Car is located on the East Coast, USA in the Suburbs of Washington, DC.

Serious inquiries only.

qwik510@aol.com

You can see lots more pics at these 2 links.

http://datsun510.com...ry.php?cat=3773

http://qwik510.yolas...com/71-240z.php

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see you are excited! I would be too, nice. Over riders too!

Mike,

It is so hard to read 10 pt font between all those big pics. Must be my old eyes. I just wanted to make it easy for people to read :lol:

David, if you find a buyer, let them know about my 240, it would make a perfect parts car for this one. I've got all the rust free parts to finish it up just perfect if you find a buyer, same color even. If you are still sitting on it after I sell my woody, I'd buy it from you.

Car is pending sale. A great couple drove down from New York last night, stayed in a hotel and then came out this morning to see the car. They both used to have 240Z's back in the day and wanted to find one to restore. So they gave me a deposit and will be having the car transported back to Long Island and give it the love it needs.

I will hook them up with all the forums so they can join the Datsun Community.

Way to rescue one and get it back into the hands of an appreciating couple. The fact that they drove down and stayed the night is a good sign they are a good home.

Congrats Qwik!

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.