521 weatherstripping

gorillabear

I know this has been brought up before but I'm looking for door weatherstripping and window felt for my truck. All the old threads say order from datsunlandsocal... and all the recent threads say avoid datsunlandsocal. I tried emailing him anyway but never got a response.

I also know there are the eBay listings but my luck has been pretty bad with fitment from eBay sellers.

Any other options?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1984 mazda B series door seals are an exact fit, they look like the same seal. I look in all mazda trucks and SUVs, depending on the year, 93 I beleave has been good to me, they have seals that are the same basic shape, but tend to be longer, so I start the seal in the corner at a 45% angle, and go all the way around and end in the corner at a 45% angle. I used 510 window channel felt, it works good. I also found that new datsun 1600/2000 series window channel felt from ralleye enterprises works great, but it is expensive.

Again, haven't tried it myself, but heard the 1120a842 works great, can't remember from who on here, I was way noob when I saw it, but looks like it will do great, as far as how many feet, I'd just measure as close as you can, and buy 2 more feet than you think you need looks like #3 style. I'll pm you back with the same info so you're sure to get it.

Again, haven't tried it myself, but heard the 1120a842 works great, can't remember from who on here, I was way noob when I saw it, but looks like it will do great, as far as how many feet, I'd just measure as close as you can, and buy 2 more feet than you think you need looks like #3 style. I'll pm you back with the same info so you're sure to get it.

I got this 1120a842 door seals for my 521 for the price of $48.21 ship to my house I pay for them today they said I should have them tomorrow, I'm just waiting to see how they came out and then I'll tell you guys. dry.gif

• Like 1

hey guys I got my door seals today watch them carefully I like them but don't like the corners how they fold and the grip is to little, here are some oic's from beginning to end. ;)

001-2.jpg

00216.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

And actually they cost $50.74 deliver to my house and I order 25 feet and only used 22'feet and 11"inches so I got 2' feet to play with. (trash)

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just ordered the McMaster seal yesterday and it arrived here today!  Holy Crap that was fast.  Looks like a top quality product. Not OEM but above my ratsun standards.  I can see how it would not be a perfect transition around the corners but for me, since I'm not building a show truck, it will do the trick.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...