2 dr 610 Dirt track build, *now with video*

GreaseMonky

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we kinda figured that they werent ZX calipers, we have a pare of ZX struts here to compare.

We where gonna put the ZX struts on, but not sure if I can get away with lowering my car that much, and then i will still have different springs from left to right, if we use the ones we pulled out

so whats the H prefix? whats the brakes on the other strut and that one has the smaller spring diamater

the u prefix is just over 5.5 inches and the h prefix is about 4,.5 inches in diameter

and the lengths are U 27 1/8 and H 27

so i can replace them, like i said before, I was going to use the zx struts, but then I would have mix matched springs, and I am not sure if I can have my car 2 inches lowerI got alot of wheel and tire under my car

So to recap, the strut thats cut and re welded has the brakes mike stated where 610 brakes, and thr 5.5 dia. Spring .

The other strut has the small 4.5 dia. Spring and the smaller brakes with pins, my b210 had the pins for the pads, come to think of it my a10 did too

either way why do you need to know what struts are in it

it would be nice to know, we would like to match springs and or brakes, if you had different springs ans struts on your car wouldnt you like to know, and we dont want to weld mussmatches perches and springs onto zx struts if we go that route, but there us a height requirement, thanks for your help tho bonvo you know your 610.

The springs are way different the second one is on the left

2011-10-31201901.jpg

if you notice the strut tops, the left one(modded for camber) has a round top about the same size as the moog camber plates, the right un modded strut has a triangle top much smaller than tge camberplates.

Dont know if this help but thanks again.

i would just replace them with some zx struts and call it done so you dont have to worry about it you will also have better brakes

we still need springs and perches bonvo, cant go ajustable its against the rules. Hence the questions, I see your logic and agree exept,

There a height restriction, the zx strut is 2 inches shorter, getting it real close to the limit.

Then theres the wheels, hes got a couple sets of 13s but no 14s to clear the calipers, so wearing the existing tires out atleast

Then theres the ban on ajustable struts, or my coils would be on the thing

Now the 13" wheels I have do fit the ZX struts, there 13x8 with 2" of backspacing, but there is lowing and spring issues

the aero ones fit? How much more back spacing could you get away with? you should check out datzenmikes 2x6 spring compresser in his 710 wagon thread too, ill grab the link real quick.

wish i would have saw this sooner, i dont have 610 knowledge at all but i have a ton of dirt circle track knowledge. is one of your front brake setups on the front struts better than the other? as in is it going to grab the rotor better? also have you scaled this car yet at all? just curious to see what kind of rear percentages and cross percentages you have.

had to make sure, are you guys allowed to hog out the brake pads? make the brake pads hollow? if you move which ever is your more clamping force of a caliper to the left front this will help rotate the car for corner entry, if you are allowed to hollow out your brake pads hollow out the right front brake pads. this will give the lf more brake bias and help rotate the car even more.