The BMX bikes of Ratsun

I knew there was some 24" kids around.

Show more. :D

Yeah i kinda gave up, i was riding street for a while but being physically out of shape did not help one bit, plus college and trying to fit a few lacrosse sesh's in durring the week was getting hard to ride down to the local skate park. If i do sell it the money is going into the 521. you should try 28/9 Best ive ever riden. This bike was stolen from me when i was in highschool but the dumb ass brought it back to the school with stikers all over it, when you spend almost all day on your bike you are going to reconize it right away, walked up to him and just took it and rode off X)

I broke my wrist back in '06. Doing a 360 down a 9 stair in front of the Salem, OR Capital building. Kept under-rotating. Probably gave 20 or so tries.

Getting pissed-I went in to commit mode. I trucked down the lead up, hopped, started spinning, stuck it.

As I landed, my right wrist just totally gave out. Rolled away-but in so much pain.

My friend, Caleb Quanback, was with me. We were parked about a mile from where we were.

That was one rough ride back. Got into car. Caleb couldn't drive-so he shifted all the way back to Portland for me. 60 miles?

I called the Dr. And headed over for a safety meeting. I was so done.

A few years ago-missing BMX so much, I started hitting up friends for another bike.

That Fit I got from Ben Hucke. It was his temp. frame while waiting for Haro to send him more.

I had that thing built from kick-downs and flow in like a week.

I never got back in at 100%. I was so scared about my wrist. But I changed style to more tech. Lots of fun had.

The people I was riding influenced my style change. (Bruce Crisman, Andy Merral, Lil Caleb.)

I am thinking about putting one back together though.

CanDy 2012 or BMX? Right now, I'd rather CanDy.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here was my 1986 FreeAgent to close escro on the house i had to sell it...

FREEAGENTSTICKERS004.jpg

My Urban Assault FreeAgent Hellcat 24. every thing on this bike has cartage bearings and it is super heavy at 47 lbs 24x2.5" Maxxis Hookworms

4-20-082001FreeAgentHellCatstickers.jpg

i had 36 bikes at one point but had to thin the heard drastically when i bought my house.

heres my baby specialized las vegas with dna 3 piece cranks specialized front double walled rim with over sized axle rear gt double walled rim with over sized axle i was a bmxer on a budget but it has alot of good parts on it this is after it sat in the shed cause of my knee injury and after i sold my pegs

DSCN0501.jpg

heres my baby specialized las vegas with dna 3 piece cranks specialized front double walled rim with over sized axle rear gt double walled rim with over sized axle i was a bmxer on a budget but it has alot of good parts on it this is after it sat in the shed cause of my knee injury and after i sold my pegs

DSCN0501.jpg

When these came out, they were good bikes. Pretty popular.

ABC/Aloha Bike Center, out on TV Hwy was selling them like crazy.

They had the 415 Fatboy, the T.J. Levin Vegas Fatboy, and a girls model.

My friend, Bendian(Ben King), was working there at the time.

He was given the chore of changing the reader board one day.

"Come in and test ride a FatGirl."

:lol:

Ben didn't have a job past the weekend.

Ooo I will play. And mine is almost the same era as my Datsun! 1974 Yamaha Motobike, B-series. I bought it as a basket case and this is how it sits. It was a factory full suspension BMX, even back then!

Datsun_510_Chapman.jpg

Datsun_510_Chapman6Yamaha.jpg

Datsun_510_Chapman5Yamaha.jpg

In the paint booth.

IMG_0937.jpg

How I bought it!

IMG_5401.jpg

Here is a 1979 Murray.

IMG_1147.jpg

But as my tastes are usually for things even older, I picked up this 1950's Stelber 20" tank bike, and am having custom BMX dreams. (Photoshop mock-up.)

I need a spanish BB if anyone has a cheap one laying around!

PigBike.jpg

Original

IMG_1236.jpg

When these came out, they were good bikes. Pretty popular.

ABC/Aloha Bike Center, out on TV Hwy was selling them like crazy.

They had the 415 Fatboy, the T.J. Levin Vegas Fatboy, and a girls model.

My friend, Bendian(Ben King), was working there at the time.

He was given the chore of changing the reader board one day.

"Come in and test ride a FatGirl."

:lol:

Ben didn't have a job past the weekend.

lol well its a good bike i like it alot i wasent kidding when i said i built it on a budget a friend gave me the frame and forks i pieced the rest together with new bearings from the bike shop and everything else was either in my parts stash or a friends parts stash note the crappy mongoose seat

I just picked up a 24" cruiser this evening. Found it on Craigs for too cheap. 24" Chrome Diamondback. This is basically what i was looking for when i bought my 20" a couple weeks ago. These two bikes are very close to matching, now i need to decide if i should keep them both.

Pics coming soon, need to clean it up first.

I just picked up a 24" cruiser this evening. Found it on Craigs for too cheap. 24" Chrome Diamondback. This is basically what i was looking for when i bought my 20" a couple weeks ago. These two bikes are very close to matching, now i need to decide if i should keep them both.

Pics coming soon, need to clean it up first.

Now thats what I like to hear!

Post them pics asap! :D

Yeah I put them up over there (kaosgt)The museum is the 'rajullio hector de la hondro' :unsure: Here's a few more :cool:

100_2213.jpg

100_1716.jpg

I got back into BMX/Freestyle a couple years ago, currently buiding an '85 Performer and I built two Dyno's for my boys :cool:

from the looks of that gt logo and the fork and the way the seat stays meet on the top tube, i would be somewhat confident in saying that i, too, own a gt performer. maybe i should consider a rebuild, haha.

i also have a 90's schwinn predator and a fit street team all tricked out. ill throw up some pics when its light.

I would of never known there where so many 24" owners on here. :thumbup:

Me either, and that is why i started the thread. I kept seeing or reading mention of BMX in general, so i started a thread.

And i still need to get pics of my 24" on here.

My brothers Haro F1, which I use haha

img2095e.jpg

Bonus:

My semi restored yz80 '92, I already have the other gold rim, but im a bit lazy to change it.

img2097b.jpg

DOOD! i have that bike too! '02!

My dad just gave me his YZ 250 since i out grew that 80! i loved that thing to death.

• Like 1