Fat510`s 79 A10 warthog

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow goings..But some more started

Made some test sample U-bolts outta 3/8" all thread because i don`t think it will go as low as he wants and wanted to show him..They aren`t going to be used to drive around with EVER but i can get 3 foot sections super cheap at the nut house up the road. Once we figure out what we are going to do i will go to the logging truck supply and have him bend me a set ...again cheap but not as cheap as all thread and a couple nuts,,,,,

...I put the smaller spring on top of stack but i am going to put it back where it belongs and just make my blocks bigger..

Don`t make permanent u-bolts out of all-thread you will be very sorry you did.

datsun522174-2.jpg

datsun522173-2.jpg

datsun522175-2.jpg

datsun522176.jpg

datsun522177.jpg

4 1/2 inches longer than stock.

datsun522179.jpg

3" down closer than it looks in oics....and chickity check out the 2x4 spacer block of science.

datsun522183-1.jpg

datsun522180-1.jpg

datsun522182.jpg

He / we got a lot of work left to do..cuz he was hoping to drive to school but track has me working with my younger son most of the time,which means more time spent explaining.

We changed plans on lowering car,, he is going to go just 2 inches down till most of the bugs are tracked down so bought some blocks and called the rear good ..for now

The front was started but the 79 struts were original and the 78 parts car had replacement gas inserts ..Soo i already had the drivers side all cleaned up and we just took off coil over set up and put original spring back together just lower..Then he took apart drivers side and while he was taking other strut out and the insert out i cut lower pad off and cleaned up strut ............ only to find out the top nut ( that is different because of gas strut ) doesn`t interchange between the two or at least it wont screw in easily....CURSES

.....now we have to grind the lower pad off the 78 strut.

Rear just need real u-bolts

datsun522199.jpg

Fronts started..

datsun522189.jpg

Son in his puffy pants..

:rofl:

:rofl:

datsun522188.jpg

datsun522198.jpg

Cleaned up strut.. :angry:

datsun522194.jpg

datsun522193.jpg

datsun522196.jpg

datsun522195.jpg

Thinking of selling this grandma owned 510 wagon for 3800. bucks and because it`s a California car you know it`s almost rust free..Great investment for a person who is somewhat handy with tools...Rare.. i have only seen one other in my yard today.

datsun522192.jpg

datsun522200.jpg

datsun522191.jpg

Random picture of a Thule rack air deflector i picked up at Volvofest for $40 bucks a few weeks ago.

datsun522190.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Had 2 perfect Goodyear wingfoot 185/60/14 that looked bad ass on wheels but found out why they were laying in the loft ..second tire had hole in side wall that i found after mounting ,, :crying: so i took some newer ones off MR2 but the tread isn`t as wide so they look stretched ..kinda..even though they are the same exact size as wingfoots..

The different looks of tires..

Copyofdatsun522208.jpg

Copyofdatsun522206.jpg

Copyofdatsun522207.jpg

Exhaust was just a bent pipe stinking out the side but now that it is about to be driven for the first time i welded up an exhaust outta some crap i had laying around,,

datsun522212.jpg

datsun522213.jpg

Boot for size reference

datsun522214.jpg

datsun522215.jpg

The new edit window is freaky to use.. :confused:

Had to use jack and 4x4 to make room for the " new " ...2 1/2 inch exhaust ..the person riding behind driver will have to have a real short right leg..

datsun522216.jpg

datsun522217.jpg

Yeah i jacked that hard ... :w00t:

datsun522218.jpg

datsun522220.jpg

datsun522221.jpg

datsun522222.jpg

exhaust beta version

datsun522219.jpg

Thanks dudes ,,

It went for it`s maiden voyage today and did fine..thank god

When my wife got home we went out and put the new rear bumper on ,, got that done then i wanted to try using a old air deflector that was laying around..The alphanumerical code reads it as a 1982 part ,,so im thinking it is off a Ford ranger.

Took a bucket of stainless screws and my bucket of washers and tah-frickin-dah lip is installed..no light oics cuz we just got done..

Todays cruise..

datsun522237.jpg

got bumper.

datsun522248-1.jpg

Lip install

datsun522240.jpg

datsun522241.jpg

datsun522239.jpg

datsun522238.jpg

datsun522242-1.jpg

datsun522246.jpg

datsun522247.jpg

datsun522243-1-1.jpg

datsun522245-1-1.jpg

Not bad fit for a Ford ranger air deflector

:thumbup:

way to go old fart..

nice to see you doing all this while the rocker awaits on the frunt porch :w00t: :sneaky:

You still got your motorscooter.??

funny-old-man-3.jpg

1a2c4_funny_dog_pictures_grumy_old_man_just_some_dogs_yo-s500x666-42905.jpg

]url=http://510freak-is-probably-walking-around--the-house-in-his undershorts.com/2012/04/drinking-his-coffee.html.]..IN-CANADA.[/url]

Thanks Pants ,, he used up a whole can of blue on it ..then had to buy another to do the touch-up that always happens. :hmm:

Did you get the plastic thing under the water in the picture to show how to heat up shifter rod without melting it.??

Yeah.

Are you sure .??

YEAH !! DUH.!!

It`s just i wanted that in the picture..

OK.!

:huh:

datsun522289.jpg

:sneaky:

Yesterday...

helped him get original auto center column matched up to 5 speed trans.. and his $1 swap meet antique shifter knob

datsun522290.jpg

datsun522291.jpg

And him checking out a newer model at the swap meet..

datsun522272.jpg

I did this to my shifter. No more digging my hand into the dash in reverse!

Yeah 1st, 2nd and 5th , you couldn`t hook anything into cigarette lighter jack and still shift to 1st.., plus it hit the sides of center console cuz it was made for a auto..

Got the tail pipe put on now you can at least hear the radio.. :lol: not much room for that big of a pipe but he got it..

The he was someone else not us..

datsun522289-1.jpg

datsun522282.jpg

datsun522285.jpg

I think he was scoping out the taillights on the newer one ;)

Yeah about the tails, he was going to change it out but they seem to have caught the Stretch virus,, We haven`t tried reverse drills yet but , well look at the picture.

datsun522288.jpg

And a couple bugs on the new lip..

datsun522293.jpg

Guest 510kamikazifreak

yeah wasn`t sure what the heck that weird glowing orb was for a while this morning ..The reason the lizard mobile is clean is because i was washing the mold off the west side of it today.. :lol:

:lol:

That orb is a nice sight isnt it..

Washed off the natural greenage

:rofl: :sneaky:

My son got this at the swap meet for $5.00 and since the tow hooks are now covered up i installed it for him this morning..wooden buck was made so i could cut it short enough to be able to mark air dam from back side ..The tow hook was used and bent and the cars frame isnt at a 90 degree angle to bumper but i used a wooden pole and it`s pretty straight now.

His car is now one step closer to his idols car that he fell in love with at Canby last year ....Except not red or old.

datsun522318.jpg

datsun522320.jpg

datsun522321.jpg

datsun522323.jpg

Aaarrrr !!!...where`s me box of treasures..!??

datsun522319.jpg

Why, on the front of the car sillys.

Cars new theme song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2jYP7RcwJk&list=FLEvtBQOY3je0JcpqnTxJg1g&index=2&feature=plpp_video

• Like 1

Nice!!!

How'd you bend the exhaust??

A friend has a machine and a lift in his garage at the coast..he`s a real people hating hermit but iv`e known him since high school, so my story of not being with the government, checks out.. :lol: