Fat510`s 79 A10 warthog

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

junkyard owner said it was 82-83 200sx ,,, but it was in an 80 something customized 210 up on top of a stack of the crusher pile. He said it used to be his personal car and it ran a NapZ24 with a turbo....  

Plate is bugged out to keep this secret stash,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, a secret.  

t2Y4fRu.jpg?1

.We found another of the same setup still in 200sx but it is at the bottom of the crusher pile,,,,, in the mud.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Three years since last update.. 

Lean miss backfire ,, still made it 20+ miles  to home at freeway speeds  

Throttle shafts were extremely loose but needed to be driven to get out of hibernation .. Pretty sure at the very least screw head went through the valves.. whoopsie daisy ,, haha 

SReiI5H.jpg

Edited by bananahamuck
On 3/13/2020 at 9:31 PM, datzenmike said:

Open chamber head and it's small size.... could have gone right through.

A87 peanut ,, but yeah it sure looks by the plug it at least went in.. thinking put on a different carb and letting it ride .. But this is the same head that if you remember at Canby ( when we could still camp in almost whole field) we were having a time getting the valves adjusted on in one of the cylinders , as they had drilled into seats so far ..

he should just bite the bullet and Ka24e swap the stupid thing already.. he has enough setups to do it at least 3 times over .. just needs to get off the  videa games and do it

Edited by bananahamuck

Hmmm might be pressed into the head then. I pulled a Chev six cylinder head once because the owner had had someone deliberately throw a small bolt down the carb. This was before hoods were opened with a cable from inside and anyone could open your hood on the street. Sure enough the bolt was pressed into the piston just missing the rings, maybe 1/4" in and the head was hitting the underside of the head and making a noise when running. I 'unscrewed' it and put back together with a gasket and all was well.

• 7 months later...

Probably since I changed the dizzy (felt like it was flooding out) it developed a serious vacuum leak on the carb shafts.

So with a working dizzy and no vacuum leak anymore  and valves that haven't been adjusted since, it doesn't run that bad despite running on three cylinders in adjusted valves with a carb with linkage that sticks.

Accelerate from a stop, get to second, linkage sticks half open, basically power shifting now, turn off car while in gear to slow down, secondary is also stuck open, pulling fuel that entire time it was off, turn key back on, big boom pull over and unstick linkage.

I was driving all over town for about an hour while this was happening, luckily the entire choke flap didn't get blown off haha it might be KA time, after putting coilovers and and a W58 into my cressida.

Edited by Fat510