620 FUNK! **NOW with Stroker!**

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

blink.gif I'm gonna ignore that laugh.gif I hear that WAY too muuch :rofl:

Dude all the younger guys have buzz cuts now a days it`s like looking at a 1950s high school yearbook ,,,,,,,F--ing creeps me out man...... Rock the hair, cuz someday it may be gone.

Dude all the younger guys have buzz cuts now a days it`s like looking at a 1950s high school yearbook ,,,,,,,F--ing creeps me out man...... Rock the hair, cuz someday it may be gone.

All the kids now a days looks like fawking douches. Long hair was the thing to have 6 years ago, and now it's buzz cuts and mohawks.

Fuck that, I like my hair long cool.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temp switch took a shit, so I grabbed a whole new 2 piece thermostat housing from my parts stash and started polishing it up to go on the engine. Hardware was questionable, so obviously at the price, I just replaced that shit..

///sofresh

BEFORE

_DSC0258.jpg

AFTER

_DSC0259.jpg

_DSC0260.jpg

Been doing a ton today before I go to work in a few hours.

Going through and inspecting all the brakes, since I've been having a funky problem with the parking brake. Sanded all the drums and painted them with engine enamel.

So far, the shoes and hardware all look good. Front wheel cyl's look brand new, rears are leaking like a sonovabitch so I'm going to go get some in a few days.

Front right wheel was out of adjustment, but so far all others are good.

Oics in a bit perhaps?

Edited by metalmonkey47

Been smelling exhaust since jumping on the interstate the yesterday to SF2

Pulled up the floor mats today, and saw that someone layed some sheet steel over the pans.

Heres why:

IMAG0933.jpg

IMAG0934.jpg

Got my younger brother to strip the sheets of steel so I can prime them. I swept the floor up since it was covered in flakes and sprayed in some cheap primer until I can get my welder out and patch it. I fear the pans may be too weak to repair. Until I can get to it in a few days, I have some duct tape over the holes. It will work for now.

IMAG0935.jpg

IMAG0936.jpg

Edited by metalmonkey47

Errrrrrr that sucks :( ...

Looking at firewall ... Is windshield or coal area leaking possi :huh: bly ? Idk

Glad u caught this in time ! :cool:

Harborfreight sells some sheet metal clamps ... They work great !!! For butt welds ... Remember 4 inch stitches and spot welding to prevent warpage ... 4 inch increments ... Use body hammer and clamps ... At least that's how I know lol ... Sheet metal work takes me a bit sometimes ... Lol

Good luck bud

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for my photobucket back online ;)

I chopped off the exhaust yesterday because I needed to move it out to make measurements for my fuel cell. It's running a 2'' straight pipe that turns out right in front of the driver side rear tire. Sounds good as hell, but it's WAY loud. I'm picking up a resonator when I go by Summit Racing next week.

Lookin good munkee, glad you got a real Datsun lol!!!

lolol hey man, that 210 was a beast! haha

It pulled a tad bit harder then my 620 does now with a Weber and straight pipes. lol

That little A motor had some serious balls when I was done with it twofinger_salute.gif

:D ,,nice !!!! , ,,, I'm waaaaayyy jealous you haz a Summit-Racing near you !!!! :lol: :cool:

Still gonna use square tubing to frame it in ?

It's AWESOME at summit :D HUGE amounts of everything you could ever want cool.gif

I haven't decided on the frame yet, I think I may use angle iron and 1/4 steel. Gonna hang it, and see what i can work with

IMAG0968.jpg

IMAG0964.jpg

IMAG0965.jpg

IMAG0965.jpg

IMAG0966.jpg

EPIC FAYULLLL WAYYYYY too freaking long hose clamp. :-P

bite me twofinger_salute.gif I cut it off after that picture

Edited by metalmonkey47

took her for a longggg sprint tonight. Don't know why, but she had a MASSIVE top end tonight. It's been bouncing around lately, sometimes lacking a little power. I've had the carb apart a dozen times now, so I think it may be time to finally swap in my electronic dizzy

Got a quick video clip of me trying her out. You can hear it spin through second before the tires finally grab. Third had a little chirp. It's very rare that I'm rough on her, but she's a bad little girl when I do. wink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jGvAADfSK4&feature

Edited by metalmonkey47

Update:

Haven't really played a lot with it, but I know a few things that need to be dealt with. I've gotta get an air cleaner on this things and get the gas tank mounted.

I've finally decided to mount the tank, I'm making two rails out of 1/4 inch thick 1 inch wide/tall angled steel and I'm taking some big 2 inch stainless U-bolts to mount it to the rear frame rails.

She's been running good other then when cold. Not a biggie. I'm going electronic ignition one of these days, so it's not TOO big of a deal.

For now, I'm just cleaning up everything I have and removing all the un-necessary little things under the hood.

_DSC0351.jpg