JDM to USDM license plate adaptors

When I first got my hako the license plate was only held on be one bolt. I looked into why and noticed that the japanese license plate holes are wider then the US plates. I didn't want to drill hole in my plate and I also wanted to run a license plate frame. So I made a set of these brackets to mount my plate.

After seeing other JDM cars with drilled out plates. I thought that maybe other people with JDM cars would like a set of these too.

Because they offset the holes. If you mount them the other way they can be used on US car to install JDM plates.

These are made from stainless steel and have stainless steel PEM nuts pressed into them. They come with a set of M6 low-head allen screws and stainless washers. I am asking $15 for a pair shipped. I take paypal.

IMG4901-M.jpg

IMG4900-M.jpg

IMG4902-M.jpg

IMG4402-M.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When my RL411 was assembled the factory installed the license plate tapped insert plates in the rear trunk panel "backwards" so that they have JDM spacing, not the USA standard spacing. I guess no one told them it was an export version. I could have removed and rewelded the tapped plates in the "right" USA spacing but said "WTF, that's the way it was made" and punched 2 holes in the rear license plate. The front plates fit the bumper "as built". When I keep a car in factory built configuration, it extends to preserving screw ups in assembly.

When my RL411 was assembled the factory installed the license plate tapped insert plates in the rear trunk panel "backwards" so that they have JDM spacing, not the USA standard spacing. I guess no one told them it was an export version. I could have removed and rewelded the tapped plates in the "right" USA spacing but said "WTF, that's the way it was made" and punched 2 holes in the rear license plate. The front plates fit the bumper "as built". When I keep a car in factory built configuration, it extends to preserving screw ups in assembly.

That is crazy. I wonder if it was built on a friday. LOL

That is crazy. I wonder if it was built on a friday. LOL

The 411s have a pocket on the rear sheet metal for the about 1/8 inch thick tapped steel plate for the license plate attachment. Spot weld to the left or right for appropriate bolt hole spacing. Apparently assembly line worker Toshio Watanabe [the Japanese John Q Public] wasn't told, or didn't read the build sheet, and set me up for JDM plates.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.